What's new

kava hangover?

D

Deleted User01

Yes @Deleted User01 s work with Micro is quit extensive. He is one of our chief mixoligist. ;). Much love. Roaddog....
Thank you Roaddog. The Mixologists on this forum work around the clock in the Kava Kitchens at the Forum to try to create Kava Kocktails that are a namby pamby tasty delight and that still deliver the needed effects. I was one of the originals but now we have many that are taking it to the next level. :notworthy: (y)

bula

:hungry: @Deleted User01 I love the recipe and the idea of a concentrate is definitely appealing. When I get my hands on some micronized kava I am definitely going to give it a try. It sounds great as an option for getting friends to try kava. Thanks again I will be checking out more recipes, I can't wait to experiment

Steve T

Kava Enthusiast
I think Roaddog and other are right also by saying when you drink kava right before bed the hangover is much worse. I wrote about the sediment but if I'm being honest I experience hangovers too and need to keep it in check. Chris's kavas from GHK have been kind to me but anything over 6 tbsp is usually not the best idea. Papa Ele Ele has been one of my favorites because it is strong, you can use less, and there are no side effects -- but that has been out of stock for a while. Honokane Iki, Mahakea, and Nene micronized seem to have helped me as well. Maybe we can help each other out and suggest kavas which are better for hangover people. I'll try a bunch of new GHK ones in the next few weeks.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
This is just my observations when I drink kava. I never have a hang over with noble kava, there is always a chance for a hang over with Tudei kava or kava that has been spiked with Tudei kava. Pure Tudei and kava spiked with Tudei will cause a hang over in some people and some people it will not, it depends on the person and the amount of Tudei they have consumed. To me if you have a kava hang over then it might be non Noble kava or have some non Noble kava in it. Let me know if you folks have any questions, aloha.

Chris

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I think Roaddog and other are right also by saying when you drink kava right before bed the hangover is much worse. I wrote about the sediment but if I'm being honest I experience hangovers too and need to keep it in check. Chris's kavas from GHK have been kind to me but anything over 6 tbsp is usually not the best idea. Papa Ele Ele has been one of my favorites because it is strong, you can use less, and there are no side effects -- but that has been out of stock for a while. Honokane Iki, Mahakea, and Nene micronized seem to have helped me as well. Maybe we can help each other out and suggest kavas which are better for hangover people. I'll try a bunch of new GHK ones in the next few weeks.
Ya, I try to drink the most of my kava, 12 hours before wake up. But If I overdo it. Ill spend an extra, hour sleeping in, or actually just laying there in a semi sleep state. Then a cup of coffee, and that usually dose it. But with me there is a difference between therapeutic daily use, and hitting it hard on the weekends. Sometimes I wake up a little groggy on the weekends. But I tend to agree with your 6 tablespoon rule. I have the same rule. Not to say I don't occasionally use 12, because I do. But I do it knowing what's going to happen. I'm going to itch like hell, and sleep in the next day. Much love. Roaddog....