What's new

Kava Helped Me Out, I Wasted a Few Months Away From It, It Seems

Donwanagan

Kava Curious
So, im just sharing a personal experience. About a year ago i finally took a chance on trying kava after hearing about it from a good friend. I also stumbled on these threads, the great people here and of course the wealth of knowledge.
Well, without getting lengthy, i was having trouble with consistency in brewing. I had an aluball shaker and a traditional bag. I was just getting started so i was trying different amounts, water temperature, different strains of kava, monitoring discernable effects thereafter.. i just wasnt consistent. I got what i believe people call krunk at least once, maybe twice. Not a bad experience. But more than a few times i hit a solid state of conscious zen, just not consistently, which was frustrating and led me to conclude it was work with variable payoff.
So, around fall of last year i put the kava up, got busy with life and work, forgot about the root i had discovered.
Fast forward to a month ago or so this year. Work is getting ridiculous, im at a point in my life where ive got alot to be happy about, im happy where im at. But sometimes, the fast pace of it all and the load on my plate is overwhelming and its hard to flip the switch off, mentally and physically, when it's finally time to relax. Decaf green tea usually does the trick, or black, but i remembered the exotic root kava id tried recently last year and knew if i could recreate the good experiences id had, that they would be perfectly what i needed.
So, long story short, my first aluball shake after a hiatus was only 1tbsp in 400ml water. And it was wonderful.
Absolutely exactly what i needed in my life.
I've been putting 1tbsp each time, and its been extremely consistent. The only variable i believe still effecting consistency is how empty or full my stomach is.
But in case anyone saw me around here a while back, thought i disappeared lol i guess you could say im back.
I just felt like it warranted a post, i had a great revelation after a few evenings drinking kava:
Kava is a great drink. It tastes like dirt water, but it really produces a great sober calm. Exactly what i needed in my life right now!

In same vein of thought, i have a guy im training at work right now and i mentioned kava to him. He ended up telling me he got some and tried it with some positive reviews of it.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
So, im just sharing a personal experience. About a year ago i finally took a chance on trying kava after hearing about it from a good friend. I also stumbled on these threads, the great people here and of course the wealth of knowledge.
Well, without getting lengthy, i was having trouble with consistency in brewing. I had an aluball shaker and a traditional bag. I was just getting started so i was trying different amounts, water temperature, different strains of kava, monitoring discernable effects thereafter.. i just wasnt consistent. I got what i believe people call krunk at least once, maybe twice. Not a bad experience. But more than a few times i hit a solid state of conscious zen, just not consistently, which was frustrating and led me to conclude it was work with variable payoff.
So, around fall of last year i put the kava up, got busy with life and work, forgot about the root i had discovered.
Fast forward to a month ago or so this year. Work is getting ridiculous, im at a point in my life where ive got alot to be happy about, im happy where im at. But sometimes, the fast pace of it all and the load on my plate is overwhelming and its hard to flip the switch off, mentally and physically, when it's finally time to relax. Decaf green tea usually does the trick, or black, but i remembered the exotic root kava id tried recently last year and knew if i could recreate the good experiences id had, that they would be perfectly what i needed.
So, long story short, my first aluball shake after a hiatus was only 1tbsp in 400ml water. And it was wonderful.
Absolutely exactly what i needed in my life.
I've been putting 1tbsp each time, and its been extremely consistent. The only variable i believe still effecting consistency is how empty or full my stomach is.
But in case anyone saw me around here a while back, thought i disappeared lol i guess you could say im back.
I just felt like it warranted a post, i had a great revelation after a few evenings drinking kava:
Kava is a great drink. It tastes like dirt water, but it really produces a great sober calm. Exactly what i needed in my life right now!

In same vein of thought, i have a guy im training at work right now and i mentioned kava to him. He ended up telling me he got some and tried it with some positive reviews of it.
welcome back! Bula!

Try it with three or four ice cubes but let it really cool down for a minute or two before drinking. Use a straw to keep stirring it. That can really help with the flavor for some folks.

Cmessier

Kava Enthusiast
Welcome back.

I hear ya with work. I get so stressed most days and theyre long and most days all i can think about when i get home is banging down my "dirt tea" as my wife calls it. Its a lifesaver.