What's new

Kava Kava Candy

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
I just received a sample of KavaKava Candy from Hawaii and will be reviewing it on Kavasseur this week.
My first impressions are quite positive. It has a VERY nice flavor - reminds me of those 50/50 bars that were orange ice cream with vanilla. The numbing effect is quite instant. I took one and was instantly calmed, but really needed two to get a good 1 1/2 shell buzz. My only concern is that for 5.99 they only offer eight tablets (?) of the stuff. That could be seen as steep, considering you'll probably want 2 or 3 to calm yourself down in a crisis. 
The review will be on Kavasseur within the next few days.

kl.midas

Kava Enthusiast
If it's these guys, I have a question. 
According to the website the candies contain
 'Proprietary Blend 50 mg: kava kava extract (root), Lemon Balm, Chamomile.'   and the instant drink powder contains 'Proprietary Blend 500 mg: Kava Root,  Lemon Balm, Chamomile.' 
Does that mean there is 10 times more kava per instant drink mix sachet as there is in one of the candies? Seems a bit odd since the candies are a good bit more expensive.

Buddhacide

Kava Enthusiast
I assume the candies would be used more sublingually that the drink (ie more direct route of absorbtion). Although I share your skepticism that they would likely be pretty weak.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Hi All,

My name is Steve and I am the one who develops and sells the kava kava candy.  I appreciate the comments and hope you enjoy the candy.  One big reason why I made the candy is that it is very easy to take and it does taste more like a candy (without the bitterness of kava).  The candy is for people who want to relieve some tension during the day and then get back to work.  I like to say that it is "a smoke break for non-smokers"

I drink bowls of kava and use extracts too, but I leave those for the evening when I can really wind down.  The formula will give you some numbing while taking the edge off, but it will typically not make you drowsy.  To answer some questions:

1) Yes, candy is more sub-lingual and works best if you dissolve slowly in mouth

2) As far as strength,  they are intended to help you go from an 8 or 9 (on a tension scale out of 10) to a 5 on the scale.  I have had very strong bowls before where movement was difficult but this is not intended to "knock anyone out" like that.  I hope that people can go about their day being functional with a smile on their face :)

3) The instant pack has more kava (and thus more lactones), but the method of absorption is different.  Production of candy is more expensive for sure and I am also wanting to move the powder this time of year so it is on sale.  Please keep in mind that I also have lemon balm and chamomile to help, but the majority of the formula is kava.

4) Yes, one of my sites is drinkozia.com and it is forwarded to http://kavakavacandy.com which is the new site.  For Buddhacide in Canada, I can get you a trial pack and cut the shipping a bit more.  I have only started selling the candy about a month ago so there are some logistics I need to fix.  $10 international shipping is one I might be able to change in accordance to weight.  Feel free to email me and we can get you a pack.

5) Kavasseur - thanks a lot for reviewing this product.  I hope it can be a nice gateway to pull newbies into the kava world, while being a nice add on for kava drinkers who want something convenient during the day (ie. at work, in traffic, traveling, etc)

6) None  I do have some coupon codes on my facebook page if you want to save a little cash and try the product: http://www.facebook.com/kavakavacandy

Hope I have answered many questions and please don't hesitate to contact me with your thoughts, questions, or critiques.  Aloha, Steve

kl.Letharia

Kava Curious
I'm pretty interested in trying this. I tried using the oziafbfan coupon code however, and it didn't work. Are there any current ones we can use?
Edit: Nevermind. I wont be a cheapskate since the s&h is free. lol Looking forward to trying it!

kavalover

Outsider
I just received mine. I got a few packs of the kava candy and the Ozia kava drink packets. Man, those kava candied numb like crazy! Impressive first impression. I had 3 of them at once on the ride home from work and am feeling as if I've had a shell full of a high kavain kava. Really nice! I definitely like to get super crunked when I'm home but if I needed to just relax a bit at work or in a stressful situation, these would be a godsend to have on hand. They taste great too, orange creamy flavor that makes it difficult not to chow down on. Definitely lived up to the "candy" part of its name as well. Awesome stuff! I'll be buying more for sure.

I'll try those kava drink packets tomorrow morning and let you know how I like those.

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
Hi Letharia - sorry, i forgot that I had an expiration on the coupon.  it is back up now so feel free to try it out if you would like..thanks!

kavalover - glad you like it.  i will have to try three pieces at once too.  my sister takes two when her three kids are being crazy and she said she doesn't care anymore - she just watches them and makes sure they are safe but the approach is much calmer

paradisekava - we will have to take some of your nice extract and coat some kava candy like a Spree - extra strength :)

Kojo Douglas

The Kavasseur
A review will be coming up on Kavasseur. I definitely endorse this as a great extract-based kava fix. It is delicious and strong enough to be well worth it. I think this stuff would fly off the shelves if people knew about it and it was widely available!

kl.midas

Kava Enthusiast
Vesuvio Cat said:
A review will be coming up on Kavasseur. I definitely endorse this as a great extract-based kava fix. It is delicious and strong enough to be well worth it. I think this stuff would fly off the shelves if people knew about it and it was widely available!
I'm looking forward to trying it. Did you try the instant drink mix also? Or just the candies?

kl.new2kava

Kava Enthusiast
I just ordered a trial pack and a handful of the berry kava juice mix. I love the thought of having a kava I can take with me. This stuff is probably awesome for social anxiety.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Bought two packs of the candies and 4 packs of the drink mix. I've learned if it comes up on this forum or on the blog I better try it before it's gone.

kavalover

Outsider
In total I bought 10 packets of drink mix and 2 boxes of candy. I should have done the opposite! Unfortunately I can't give the same raving review of the drink mix as I did the candies. I didn't like the taste of the kava drink packets, too fruity and didn't notice as much of an effect. I suppose this could be due to the fact that with the kava candy the method of consumption is direct sublingual absorption of the kava extract whereas with the drink packets you're just drinking it like kool-aid - less direct method of ingestion. But it still works, just took three packets in a cup of water for me at work, and I got a short little buzz going that was nice. I just wouldn't buy more of this stuff when I like the kava candy so much more.

Overall in my opinion the kava kava candy gets an A+ but I didn't like the kava drink packets too much.

Oh and by the way, Adil mentioned this in the other thread but YES! If you chug a shell of traditionally prepared kava and then suck on two of those kava candies, woohoo! That's a potent mix! Gets the "kava taste" out of your mouth with an added kick! Love it

Steve

Ozia - KavaKava Candy
Kava Vendor
endwatcher - sorry for the problem with the browser; for some reason IE 8 does not work well with the site and will sometimes crash your browser.  I tried IE 9 and it is ok except the "add to cart" text does not show up but buttons work. Also firefox works fine.  Please let me know if you are still having problems.

kavalover - i have to agree with you.  Don't get me wrong, I love all of my products that I tinker with because I spend a lot of time developing them, but the instant packs do take some time getting use too.  I actually prefer them in a glass of hot water before I go to bed.  Hot water makes the absorption and flavor better (for me anyway).  some like it over ice.  I ended up just using the instant packs like pixy sticks... just don't choke on all the powder or inhale cause you will be coughing forever.  I am partial to the kava kava candy also but hey - at 50 cents a packs (for the instant) it still is a pretty good value i hope :)

endwatcher

Is there death before life?
just picked up a sample pack of the candy, and a couple packs of the instant.

If I end up liking the candy, Im thinking I will probably purchase a few of those wholesale cases.

Site worked perfect under Firefox.