What's new

Kava Recipe Kava on the rocks

Piper Methysticum

Let Kava Take The Wheel
For the last 3 nights I've added lots of ice to my Kava shell and does that ever make it easier to get down. I don't need a chaser when I do this.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I always throw some ice chips in my big cup (I drink kava out of a giant cup) when I start making it. By the time I'm done it's all melted and nice and cold.

KavaGurl

The Original Kava Forum Mama
I do usually have it chilled in the fridge for a few hours before I even get to it..Always have my batches prepared in constant rotation. I'm usually finishing up one batch so that I can squeeze another.:oops: Is that bad? lol Anyhoo, icing it may be even better..:D

infraredz

BULA!
That's pretty much what I do. I drink it in the evening, then prepare my kava for the next day and let it sit overnight in the fridge.

When I end up pouring out the kava to strain it, sometimes it's so cold that I need to take a break because my hands get too cold :oops:

Vekta

Notorious Lightweight
Review Maestro
Tried it...wasn't a fan. I make it with whatever water is on hand, room temperature bottled water or bottled water from the fridge. Either one is fine with me.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
I do usually have it chilled in the fridge for a few hours before I even get to it..Always have my batches prepared in constant rotation. I'm usually finishing up one batch so that I can squeeze another.:oops: Is that bad? lol Anyhoo, icing it may be even better..:D
No, that's pretty smart...I make it every night and drink it immediately, I'm too impatient to chill it in the fridge.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
@KavaGurl Same process here, except just one batch per day. I've found placing it further down the shelves in the fridge cools it off faster than the top shelf. I got impatient a few nights and put it in the freezer....and promptly forgot about it. Kava ice is hard to drink.

Ed!

Kava Enthusiast
I wish I could make a batch ahead, but if I make it I'm pretty sure I'm going to drink it.

I also add ice though. You guys will probably find this blasphemous but I pour my kava into an ice filled cup even after it's been chilled and drink it up with a straw.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Blasphemy!

Actually sounds like a good idea. I'd have to have one of those "BK Pipe" straws with the half inch inside diameter though. I'd hate to find it getting thicker as I drank. I remember that one guy who tried it like Mate with the bombilla which turned out not so good.

Dan

Kava Enthusiast
Tried it...wasn't a fan. I make it with whatever water is on hand, room temperature bottled water or bottled water from the fridge. Either one is fine with me.
Same, though I figured I was the only one who preferred room temp. The shock of cold brew hitting my throat always makes me gag a little.

Piper Methysticum

Let Kava Take The Wheel
Great minds think a like. Same sorta thing as frozen fruit- for whatever reason it's just better chilled- maybe it numbs the taste buds so you don't taste it as much. Right now for me w/o ice means Kava in 1 hand chaser in the other.