What's new

Kava poop issues?

IloveKava23

Kava Curious
Fair warning this is a post about poop. Lol. Been drinking kava every day, this did start before I started taking kava as I got a stomach bug, but I've been having bad diarrhea all day every day, never anything solid. I was wondering if the kava has been attributing to that, which seems odd since it's so high in fiber. What do you guys think?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
This happens to me when I drink kava too. It's a matter of minutes before I'm running to the bathroom. For me personally I think it's totally mental. When I first started it never did that to me. The stronger the kava, the stronger the...effect. I only drink kava once per day at night before bed, so it's not a bad issue and has become part of my normal daily routine. I'd say it probably is the kava in one way or another, either physical or psychological.

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
I'm in the same... Shituation.. I haven't drank kava in days because my stomach has been gurgling and rolling non stop. I'm not blaming kava, by the way. Can kava exasperate such a shitty problem? I notice a lot of grit after I strain. Not maka. It's fine. Like sediment. Should we be drinking that as well? Or should I increase the straining? It settles on the bottom of my bowl. I've been looking in to IBS and lactose intolerance as a possible cause that brings me to the throne room in a hurry. It's happened prior to my kava drinking but can kava make it worse? I've had drinkroot instant, Kisa's, ROH Vanuatu, and kwk borogu. The only bag I've been drinking lately has been the kwk and that's the one that leaves sediment in the bowl. The others I've drank and have had no issue but I don't think there was as much sediment in them.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm in the same... Shituation.. I haven't drank kava in days because my stomach has been gurgling and rolling non stop. I'm not blaming kava, by the way. Can kava exasperate such a shitty problem? I notice a lot of grit after I strain. Not maka. It's fine. Like sediment. Should we be drinking that as well? Or should I increase the straining? It settles on the bottom of my bowl. I've been looking in to IBS and lactose intolerance as a possible cause that brings me to the throne room in a hurry. It's happened prior to my kava drinking but can kava make it worse? I've had drinkroot instant, Kisa's, ROH Vanuatu, and kwk borogu. The only bag I've been drinking lately has been the kwk and that's the one that leaves sediment in the bowl. The others I've drank and have had no issue but I don't think there was as much sediment in them.
Five stars for the excellent usage of the word "Shituation".

I make sure I drink every bit of the sediment, as there are quite a few kavalactones locked up in there. To answer your question though, yes, kava can exacerbate the situation if you have the condition normally. The grind size can directly correlate to "symptoms". Those extremely fine medium grind kavas I try to stay away from. The larger particle size allows a good extraction while keeping the sediment to a minimum. Strange that KWK is causing this, as their grind tends to run pretty large.

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
Five stars for the excellent usage of the word "Shituation".

I make sure I drink every bit of the sediment, as there are quite a few kavalactones locked up in there. To answer your question though, yes, kava can exacerbate the situation if you have the condition normally. The grind size can directly correlate to "symptoms". Those extremely fine medium grind kavas I try to stay away from. The larger particle size allows a good extraction while keeping the sediment to a minimum. Strange that KWK is causing this, as their grind tends to run pretty large.
Yeh it's borogu. I don't know what's causing my stomach to go haywire. I'm not blaming the kava for sure. I haven't had a shell in about a week ago today and I think my symptoms are now starting to calm down. If it was directly related to the kava I think after a couple days of no use it would have stopped. I've been suffering for days lol. I've had symptoms before but this is the new, longer lasting type! I'll order a bag of borongoru in a few days and try that, see if the shymptoms return.

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
how much stronger is it with drinking the sediment?
I've noticed a difference. I've also noticed that I can wash it a good 3 or 4 times and still get good results. Only after the later washings do my fingers feel like I've just dipped them in water. Up to at least the third with a good 6 or 7 minutes of kneading the cheesecloth do I notice a difference. I want kava!! But I'm scared my stomach will chuck it lol. It's been about a week since i drank a shell and i got sick again last night. 5th or 6th night in a row. I'm going to fast for a day or 2. I don't have a fever, no chills, no other things wrong but a gurgling stomach and.. the splatter shot... it's not catchy, missy is just fine. Like I've said, ive had this issue for a long time. Only difference now is the duration. Usually stops after a day maybe 2. I'm almost at a week.

MikeNMissy

Kava Curious
Update

I drank kava the past 2 nights and I haven't had and adverse reaction. I can't say I feel brand new but I don't feel worse. So.. Bula! I'm gonna try to get a bag of borongoru from kwk. Drink up ppl!

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
Update

I drank kava the past 2 nights and I haven't had and adverse reaction. I can't say I feel brand new but I don't feel worse. So.. Bula! I'm gonna try to get a bag of borongoru from kwk. Drink up ppl!
I actually tried it last night sometime after writing that. I was angry at something and in a rush to leave, so i took an alredy prepped cup of kava and did a toss and wash into another water bottle as if it was micro. taste and strength was actually less then if i had kneaded and prepared regularly. but im glad i brought it with me.