What's new

Kava resorts/getaways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kavagirl37

Kava Curious
Anyone know if there are any resorts that serve Kava in Hawaii or anywhere, or any Kava type getaways? Be nice to plan a vacation that involves kava instead of one that revolves around alcohol...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
There are resorts in Fiji and Samoa that will do a little cultural show and some of those will involve making a weak batch of kava and letting the guests try a shell. There aren't really any resorts that are specifically kava-centric. In Hawai'i the cultural shows are usually more geared toward what tourists want and expect to see, which typically isn't kava. ::KavaChug:: But you could stay somewhere in Hawai'i that's near a place that sells kava, it just wouldn't feel much different than walking into any other smoothie/coffee/tea retailer in any modern city. Certainly still much better than winter in Wisconsin though.

If you go to Vanuatu, which does have some resorts, strong fresh kava is involved daily, everywhere. Not necessarily in your resort, but there are nakamals all over the place. You could fill up several empty water bottles with kava and store them in your fridge/freezer for daily consumption...or you could go out every afternoon and sample the differences between the different nakamals.
::vflag::

Status
Not open for further replies.