What's new

Kava scent

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZcat

Kava Drinker
I don't know if any of you are particularly smell sensitive but I have noticed that when I drink Kava the smell of it comes out of my skin within a very short space of time, and I love it ! I really love that Kava scent coming out of my skin. Its a very subtle smell, but exciting, with a touch of headiness, maybe like expensive Musk. I'd be interested to read what other people say about that.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I don't know if any of you are particularly smell sensitive but I have noticed that when I drink Kava the smell of it comes out of my skin within a very short space of time, and I love it ! I really love that Kava scent coming out of my skin. Its a very subtle smell, but exciting, with a touch of headiness, maybe like expensive Musk. I'd be interested to read what other people say about that.
I don't notice it from my skin. However, I always notice it in my pee about 32 hours after a heavy session. Makes my pee smell spicy like incense. Its the opposite of asparagus. I have many times wanted to comment on it; but thought better of it cause it sounds pretty weird to say "hey guys, my pee smells awesome!!".

AZcat

Kava Drinker
I don't notice it from my skin. However, I always notice it in my pee about 32 hours after a heavy session. Makes my pee smell spicy like incense. Its the opposite of asparagus. I have many times wanted to comment on it; but thought better of it cause it sounds pretty weird to say "hey guys, my pee smells awesome!!".
I think you'd need to have a very sensitive sense of smell to notice its coming through your skin. I have always been hypersensitive in that direction. I haven't noticed the spicy pee !

AZcat

Kava Drinker
I don't know why my posting was moved from Off Topic to Health and Wellness, the subject isn't particulary related to Heath and Wellness, I think it should have stayed in Off Topic.

Travis

Kava Enthusiast
I dont think I have that, or maybe i just don't smell it. This has happened to me with Valerian. I was taking them for a few days at night And was driving home and realized I smelled terrible like it was coming out of my pores.

rapunzel

Kava Enthusiast
I dont think I have that, or maybe i just don't smell it. This has happened to me with Valerian. I was taking them for a few days at night And was driving home and realized I smelled terrible like it was coming out of my pores.
Yikes - valerian smells like feet! I also wouldn’t want to smell like kava- hoping I don’t. I do all I can to avoid smelling it or tasting it!
I don't know why my posting was moved from Off Topic to Health and Wellness, the subject isn't particulary related to Heath and Wellness, I think it should have stayed in Off Topic.
I’d say it fits health and wellness. Body odors can be a health related issue. Anyhow, as much as I have been enjoying kava, I wouldn’t want to smell like it!

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
Who knows?!?! Maybe my spicy (smelling) pee means my kidneys ain't working right!!!

Who says people put too much personal info on the internet?!!!

Last edited:

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
as much as I have been enjoying kava, I wouldn’t want to smell like it!
That's the weirdest thing. It actually smells better in my pee than in the tanoa. Seriously; like incense and maybe, as @AZcat observed, musk (musky frankin-kava-cense). Super weird (course I haven't subjected anyone to a blind smelling). :p
Its a consistent enough experience that I know its definitely kava or byproducts thereof. What is surprising to me is that it actually takes till the 2nd morning, 32 hours, after a heavy session to become apparent. And its stronger with some kavas than others. So weird.

AZcat

Kava Drinker
There are quite a few stinky things that come out of the skin, Indian people often put Asafoetida in their food, and in very, very, small quantities, it adds a pungent flavor, but when you stand behind a very heavy user at a supermarket checkout, its a very unpleasant experience. Same with people who use Flax Seed oil, makes them smell like they haven't bathed for a couple of weeks.

AZcat

Kava Drinker
Yikes - valerian smells like feet! I also wouldn’t want to smell like kava- hoping I don’t. I do all I can to avoid smelling it or tasting it!

I’d say it fits health and wellness. Body odors can be a health related issue. Anyhow, as much as I have been enjoying kava, I wouldn’t want to smell like it!
Bad body odors can be a health related problem, but I'm talking about good ones. Experiencing a nice smell coming out of ones skin surely isn't a health problem.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Bad body odors can be a health related problem, but I'm talking about good ones. Experiencing a nice smell coming out of ones skin surely isn't a health problem.
Kava has reduced offensive body odors in me for sure.

I believe the way it works is your body releases waste, like dead skin and stuff that comes out in sweat. Bacteria eat that waste and then poop it out, and it’s not your body or even the wastes that cause that stank, it’s the poop from the lil organisms on your body, or farts or whatever. Kava cuts a lot of their food supply, so they never get to poop it out, so no stink. Then you just smell like what you were supposed to smell like, before the organisms moved in and took over thanks to a big food supply.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
There are quite a few stinky things that come out of the skin, Indian people often put Asafoetida in their food, and in very, very, small quantities, it adds a pungent flavor, but when you stand behind a very heavy user at a supermarket checkout, its a very unpleasant experience. Same with people who use Flax Seed oil, makes them smell like they haven't bathed for a couple of weeks.
Hing, asafoetida, is the same root as the word fetid.

Koreans ooze kimchi out their pores. Lucky for me I love kimchi. I drink fresh bubbly kimchi juice like it was champagne. But I wouldn’t want to kiss me or stand anywhere near me.

AZcat

Kava Drinker

I believe the way it works is your body releases waste, like dead skin and stuff that comes out in sweat. Bacteria eat that waste and then poop it out, and it’s not your body or even the wastes that cause that stank, it’s the poop from the lil organisms on your body, or farts or whatever. Kava cuts a lot of their food supply, so they never get to poop it out, so no stink. Then you just smell like what you were supposed to smell like, before the organisms moved in and took over thanks to a big food supply.
I notice the nice smell coming out of my skin within 30 minutes of drinking Kava, so its not some long waste removal process.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
I notice the nice smell coming out of my skin within 30 minutes of drinking Kava, so its not some long waste removal process.
yeah, that would rule it out. My theory could just apply to me. But I also don't need to wash my hair as often. I simply get less gross.

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast
I know exactly what you mean. Ha ha.

PapaMoi

Kava Enthusiast

Lmao. This post kept me laughing for a long time.

AZcat

Kava Drinker

Because I have been unwell I have not drunk any Kava for about 2 weeks, but I am still noticing the Kava smell coming through my skin. In fact, I just did a pee and its smelled like perfume ! ( maybe I could bottle it and sell it )

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Because I have been unwell I have not drunk any Kava for about 2 weeks, but I am still noticing the Kava smell coming through my skin. In fact, I just did a pee and its smelled like perfume ! ( maybe I could bottle it and sell it )
I find this effect can vary with the kava. Some can cause a very chalky urine. Also, since I started drinking kava I have much less body odor, and what little I have is far less offensive than before. So yeah, what you are experiencing is very real, and I could see varying individual responses based on body chemistry. Like with dermo, some highly susceptible, some less so.

Michael1011

Kava Curious
I definitely notice a smell/taste in my breath after getting past one session. I used to hate it but I've learned to love it! Also yes I notice my pours smell like kava when I sweat and workout. I've also noticed a strong pine smell in my urine.

Status
Not open for further replies.