What's new

Kava seized in the UK - read it and weep

Crunked

Proselytizer
I have just had 2 kilos of GHK Instant Kava that arrived in London seized prior to delivery by UK authorities as a prohibited article. Never mind that kava is for sale in the UK
Furious doesn't begin to describe my feelings at the ignorance, unlawfulness and unfairness of it all. ::manlytear::
I have to use these methods because of the the irrational Australian laws that prohibit kava from being imported unless it is personally brought in (max 2 kilos).
You would think the authorities would know the law (the package was marked 'Not for Human Consumption') and they would have more important things to do, like chase terr**ists instead of making unlawful seizures).

UK buyers beware.

Last edited:

Beanie

Kava Enthusiast
Yes I always worry when buying kava that it will get to me ok. It seems the amount of kava bought can sometimes be a factor. Im always buying smaller amounts and have never had an issue but that is not to say this will continue. I feel for you, so frustrating.
At the moment, Im off kava due to new medication but hoping to get back to it when medication is properly in my system so I have good supply just now.

D

Deleted User01

Dang @Crunked, I feel really bad for you. I can only imagine how pissed off you are. It's rather stupid for a nation that drowns itself in beer to be that way about Kava. Hey ... that also sounds like Australia. Well I guess you took one for the team so others won't try to import Kava thru the UK. @Beanie, you must lead a charmed life and maybe you are right about quantity. I wouldn't doubt the damn customs guys are having a Kava Party as we speak.

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
@Crunked can you get it back if you hassle them enough ? point out the law...etc...
let em know they you just use it as mulch for your garden, or as a natural relaxant for your spastic corgi.

JonT

Kava Enthusiast
I have just had 2 kilos of GHK Instant Kava that arrived in London seized prior to delivery by UK authorities as a prohibited article. Never mind that kava is for sale in the UK
Furious doesn't begin to describe my feelings at the ignorance, unlawfulness and unfairness of it all. ::manlytear::
I have to use these methods because of the the irrational Australian laws that prohibit kava from being imported unless it is personally brought in (max 2 kilos).
You would think the authorities would know the law (the package was marked 'Not for Human Consumption') and they would have more important things to do, like chase terr**ists instead of making unlawful seizures).

UK buyers beware.
Really sorry about this. Can you show us the letter you received from customs?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
That seriously sucks, dude, I'm so sorry. I don't suppose you have any recourse for this?

@Crunked can you get it back if you hassle them enough ? point out the law...etc...
let em know they you just use it as mulch for your garden, or as a natural relaxant for your spastic corgi.
Personally I think that instant kava makes great bath salts. Lizard Skin -- For Him & Her.

Man I feel for you. We are currently awaiting 100 Kilos of GHK Kava to arrive in the UK. If all goes well we will help you get your Kava and give you a serious discount to help ease the pain...I'll keep you all posted.

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor
Man I feel for you. We are currently awaiting 100 Kilos of GHK Kava to arrive in the UK. If all goes well we will help you get your Kava and give you a serious discount to help ease the pain...I'll keep you all posted.
So, in your opinion, why did they seize and destroy Crunked's shipment? His package had that "not for human consumption" label, etc.

So, in your opinion, why did they seize and destroy Crunked's shipment? His package had that "not for human consumption" label, etc.
So many possibilities to be honest:

Over zealous customs officer who doesn't fully understand or care for the law trying to impress his superiors.

The current Headshop 'menace to society' which currently saturates the UK media making customs officers super aware of the 'NFHC' tag and leading them to believe that it is a possibly lethal substance or 'Legal High' as they are so incorrectly referred to. Again, this would be down to lack of knowledge of Kava on behalf of the customs and lack of respect for or knowledge of UK law.

Or basically just an unfortunate situation where some complete and utter twat in a uniform who left school with no prospects and couldn't even manage to join the police force has spotted some powder which to them looks like a synthetic drug which mimics the effects of an illegal substance and has without checking or testing it or even contacting the company who supplied it or the customer who ordered it has decided all on their own that it is an illegal item and is therefore 'bad'.

Take your pick mate and add any other possible reasons you might think of but basically it is down to ignorance, arrogance, close mindedness and plain old stupidity.

Doobie Doo

How many shells to get to the center..1 2 3
Don't know why but I just got this image in my head of a bunch of bobbies running around in a Benny Hill chase sequence trying to find a package.... Much sympathies for you..