What's new

Kava stimulating??

Capitán Bastos

Presanteur
Certain kavas can have that effect. I believe that’s when they have a high kavain content. There was one kava that was very stimulating, I’m trying to remember what it was called..

muddywaters

Kava Enthusiast
I would call most I tried mentally stimulating besides loosening me up and making everything easier. I have yet to get anything else I would call stimulating otherwise, it actually pairs well with coffee for me and doubles up on the mental stimulation like that as it does its coffee thing leading to almost what I would call a high itself but strictly mentally. I'm really sensitive to that mental stimulation though I noticed lately so the only downside to it is that I can get mentally burned out and sluggish easily the next days if I had a real strong kava one evening and gotta bounce back. Physically I'm fine but I gotta take longer breaks personally or I get pretty slow and lazy under the surface.

Rick.Sanchez

Kava Enthusiast
Certain kavas can have that effect. I believe that’s when they have a high kavain content. There was one kava that was very stimulating, I’m trying to remember what it was called..
You know I've seen a lot people talk about feeling stimulated from certain headier varieties, but I've never been able to get this. Even heady, uplifting varieties make me a little sleepy

Chinaski

Kava Enthusiast
I find that certain kava, most of these are Tongan, make me more sociable and happy. I wouldn't necessarily say "stimulated" but some don't make you want to just sit back and relax

PepperyPyrone

I'll have the pyrones with some pepper, please.
I think some people are more sensitive to kavain. I know I am. Every kava gives me an initial stimulation that wanes within a couple of hours and I always sleep good, even if I am stimulated like on borogu, I goto sleep very quickly, very deep sleep with awesome dreams. Then I feel incredible the next day. What's not to love? Just go with it.

Ben Thomas

Kava Enthusiast
I would call most I tried mentally stimulating besides loosening me up and making everything easier. I have yet to get anything else I would call stimulating otherwise, it actually pairs well with coffee for me and doubles up on the mental stimulation like that as it does its coffee thing leading to almost what I would call a high itself but strictly mentally. I'm really sensitive to that mental stimulation though I noticed lately so the only downside to it is that I can get mentally burned out and sluggish easily the next days if I had a real strong kava one evening and gotta bounce back. Physically I'm fine but I gotta take longer breaks personally or I get pretty slow and lazy under the surface.
I have that same reaction the following day. The sluggish aspect sort of breeds anxiety for me