What's new

Kava stopped by courier

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
I got a message from the courier, that they said that they had to return the shipment to sender, they claimed that kava was a medical substance.

I filed a complaint since i had other shipment inspected by customs. I asked for a second opinion and the customs cleared the shipment.

Notice the difference between customs agents that are employed buy the courier or a customs brooker.

And an officer employed by the customs service.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
I got the same experience, the couriers does not know the different laws in the same way as the national customs authority.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
I got a message from the courier, that they said that they had to return the shipment to sender, they claimed that kava was a medical substance.

I filed a complaint since i had other shipment inspected by customs. I asked for a second opinion and the customs cleared the shipment.

Notice the difference between customs agents that are employed buy the courier or a customs brooker.

And an officer employed by the customs service.
Interesting and also that really stinks! What country was it headed to? Also it's possible that whomever sent it, if they used a weird harmonization code on the manifest for customs. If they use one for dried herbs (every country has different HC's) then that may alleviate the problem next time.

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
Interesting and also that really stinks! What country was it headed to? Also it's possible that whomever sent it, if they used a weird harmonization code on the manifest for customs. If they use one for dried herbs (every country has different HC's) then that may alleviate the problem next time.
Sweden
Sender was Amazon.
The customs agents also sees the invoice.
And it states that is kava.

Artofkava

Jacksonville, FL
Kava Vendor
Huh, you'd think Amazon would be on the ball with it. Im sure Swedens is different but for here they have to show an export license. If it's under a supplement license then that might be the issue. Just speculating tho. It should be something like a dried food goods or fruit export license. There's so much nuance to all of it. Sorry you have to deal with that. Will they refund your order?
AH nevermind. I misread the part where u said they cleared the shipment. disregard that last thing i posted. lol Idk how to delete a comment yet.