What's new

Powdered Kava Review KAVA SUPREME

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
Kava Supreme is a great kava to have around for a number of reasons, but the two most important for me are: 1) That it's a medicinal chemotype. (edit: or heavy noble*) 2) It's available on Amazon prime with extremely fast shipping. The medicinal chemotype means it has a higher instance of the kavalactone DHM in it's chemotype, usually 245xxx. DHM is useful for people who seek more pain relief from kava, as it has fairly significant analgesic properties and has more of a body/muscle-melting effect. It's also generally more sedating and more easily capable of 'taking you out of yourself'. Not in some weird psychedelic dissociative way, just mildly and distinctly different, from head-to-toe, than a lighter, headier kava would be.

The powder smells quite peppery & Vanuatuan, even a bit dark and musty, compared to that bright, popping scent many others have. The beverage itself is very peppery and bitter on my palette, perhaps one of the significant in that regard. Though, this current batch is a bit milder than the first, which was so peppery it was actually kind of spicy.

The effectiveness is noticeable with the first shell and you can easily ride this kava into a deeply sedated wave of droopy-eyed contentment. As with all DHM kavas, it might be a little more nauseating than other stuff, but I personally didn't find it to be much worse than any other strong kava. This might not be the kind of kava you want to use daily for a long stretch of time, but even if you don't, you might like adding a couple scoops of it to your daily kava, to give it a little extra vibe.

All-in-all great kava to have around, as medicinal or DHM heavy chemotypes aren't very common, and I think it will add good balance to Kavafied's offerings, once that Tongan kava stock is back up.

aluball.png
alubottle.png
::shell::

kavasupreme.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted User01

Nice review Shak. Your new nickname is Mr. Droopy Eyelids. Don't go around town with droopy eyelids because some 65 year old guy with a ponytail, tie dye teeshirt, and tattered jeans is bound to come up to you and say, "Got any more ludes mannnnnnn". To wit you will explain how Kava is safer than street drugs, yada, yada, yada.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Nice review Shak. Your new nickname is Mr. Droopy Eyelids. Don't go around town with droopy eyelids because some 65 year old guy with a ponytail, tie dye teeshirt, and tattered jeans is bound to come up to you and say, "Got any more ludes mannnnnnn". To wit you will explain how Kava is safer than street drugs, yada, yada, yada.
I would simply explain that they stopped making disco biscuits back in 1985. :)