What's new

Kava History Kava Timeline of Research Starting in 1700

Jean

Kava Curious
Very nice. I suppose that just before and certainly after the kava ban in Europe (2001) the amount of litterature has exploded. However, has it brought qualitatively something really new ?

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
I like John Martin's book. I downloaded the free book from Google. After a royal wrestling match you can read about drinking "cava with the matabooles." Nothing like it! Here's the quote: "Finow in particular shewed signs of much satisfaction , and in the evening , when he was drinking cava with the matabooles , whilst this noble chief had the honour to wait on them , the king addressed himself to him , returning thanks for the presence of mind which he had proved , and his coolness of temper ; which conduct had placed his superiority and bravery in a far more splendid light than if he had given way to resentment :"

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Very nice. I suppose that just before and certainly after the kava ban in Europe (2001) the amount of litterature has exploded. However, has it brought qualitatively something really new ?
Good question. Yes, and no. Most of this early anthropological information has been covered ad-infinitum by all sorts of meta reviews in the recent past in regards to kava's history, however we are starting to see studies today more keenly focused on the interaction with the human body, and various disease states that may be positively affected by kavalactones or some other fraction of kava.

Research really started to explode in the early 90s around 1994, which consequently is where my timeline cuts off as the numbers of studies goes up many fold.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I like John Martin's book. I downloaded the free book from Google. After a royal wrestling match you can read about drinking "cava with the matabooles." Nothing like it! Here's the quote: "Finow in particular shewed signs of much satisfaction , and in the evening , when he was drinking cava with the matabooles , whilst this noble chief had the honour to wait on them , the king addressed himself to him , returning thanks for the presence of mind which he had proved , and his coolness of temper ; which conduct had placed his superiority and bravery in a far more splendid light than if he had given way to resentment :"
1668792217705.png