What's new

Kava Vinaka website?

Kava o'puss

Kava Curious
I heard about the relatively new vendor, Kava Vinaka. I went to check out their site and got the below message from my antivirus:

I got the web address directly from a picture on the packaging. I saw favorable reviews for their products on this forum and a kavasseur video review. The
antivirus is not "overly sensitive" and I never get this highest risk alert on any of the sites I visit. Anyone know what is up with the website?

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I heard about the relatively new vendor, Kava Vinaka. I went to check out their site and got the below message from my antivirus:

I got the web address directly from a picture on the packaging. I saw favorable reviews for their products on this forum and a kavasseur video review. The
antivirus is not "overly sensitive" and I never get this highest risk alert on any of the sites I visit. Anyone know what is up with the website?
Yeah use Webof Trust and add block plus instead :p Seriusly McaFe and it's 99 clones are pretty bad about 'webviruses' yes javascript ached viruses and the (infamous) pop up saying your computer is infected is indeed browser trash spam

My only coment is if their looking for some help with the CSS (drawing and painting of a website)---and holy 90's bright colors batman lol

In addition: how's the Kava?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder

This is strange. Double check that the web address is https://www.kavavinaka.com/ that you entered. After that, it may be something wrong with the anti-virus, because virustotal.com gives it a 0% infection score.
Edit: Looks like the web-reputation score is calculated by length of time it's been active. Kava vinaka's site is new, so this is probably what's dinging the reputation score.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I agree with Kapm's response, here. Those reputation scores are not always indicative of a dangerous site, especially if it's a low traffic one that hardly anybody knows about. I would be more concerned if there was an issue with an SSL certificate.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I agree with Kapm's response, here. Those reputation scores are not always indicative of a dangerous site, especially if it's a low traffic one that hardly anybody knows about. I would be more concerned if there was an issue with an SSL certificate.
To some small defense deci25(spelling) and SSL certs and cookies go bad. HTTPS1 and 2 are buggy. Some places can't get a new SSL or Auth0 cert for what ever reason so they go out of date and then FireFox legacy, Quuntome and Chrome blow up. WebOfTrust when I last used it rocked. That was because users said what they liked and not about the website, and proiductss.

Oh and piper my dyslexic brain for whatever reason didn't quite process that was you're review of the Chiefs Choice.

Anyone tried their other stuff?

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
Yes, I've had their 14% KL waka. It passed an acetone test. Felt strong as hell when I drank it. Didn't experience any tudei hangover.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
To some small defense deci25(spelling) and SSL certs and cookies go bad. HTTPS1 and 2 are buggy. Some places can't get a new SSL or Auth0 cert for what ever reason so they go out of date and then FireFox legacy, Quuntome and Chrome blow up. WebOfTrust when I last used it rocked. That was because users said what they liked and not about the website, and proiductss.

Oh and piper my dyslexic brain for whatever reason didn't quite process that was you're review of the Chiefs Choice.

Anyone tried their other stuff?
I've tried all three. They all seemed good and potent. The "Waka" is maybe too heavy for me or not quite complex enough? But very strong. The Chief's Choice tastes good and has good effects and is plenty potent; has a more heady vibe in the mix. I like it best of the three. I would need to try it again, but I recall it giving a little anxiety, but can't recall for sure. The Lawena is good. My first try at straight lawena; the flavor was almost too neutral for me; the effects were stronger than I had expected for a Lawena. Chief's Choice is the most complex in flavor and effects. The products seemed very fresh.

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
The waka's COA said its chemotype was 423xxx. Felt like a strong Fijian, or borogu type. Not enough DHM or methysticine to feel full-on "heavy" by my standards.

Gotta get those 5's or 6's in the first three digits of the chemotype to be a true heavyweight in my book.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
I've tried all three. They all seemed good and potent. The "Waka" is maybe too heavy for me or not quite complex enough? But very strong. The Chief's Choice tastes good and has good effects and is plenty potent; has a more heady vibe in the mix. I like it best of the three. I would need to try it again, but I recall it giving a little anxiety, but can't recall for sure. The Lawena is good. My first try at straight lawena; the flavor was almost too neutral for me; the effects were stronger than I had expected for a Lawena. Chief's Choice is the most complex in flavor and effects. The products seemed very fresh.
I might know what you meen by neutral flavor, WacaCon's Lawena has some flavor but not much the little it has is a bit on the blarg side. On the other hand KF Tongan for me tastes really good.

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
I might know what you meen by neutral flavor, WacaCon's Lawena has some flavor but not much the little it has is a bit on the blarg side. On the other hand KF Tongan for me tastes really good.
Exactly. KF Tonga is not actually neutral, its odor is sweet, floral, and complex. KV lawena is actually neutral tasting. They are both extremely mild. One is mild-interesting and the other is mild-bland. Also, the lawena mixes up a little too thick for me. I am wondering if that is characteristic for lawenas in general? Do they tend to grind finer than wakas and make a thicker grog?

I wonder if that lawena might be a great candidate to use Kavafied's new approach for homemade "instant" and put it in a milkshake?

Last edited: