What's new

kavacandy vs pk extract

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
Im wondering which one is more heady, kava candies or paradise kava's flavored extract ?
Ive tried the candies and find them quite effective for out and about and relaxing after a large meal. I have yet to try the extract and ill be ordering one or the other by the end of the wknd. Any comparisons or opinions on either/or ?

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Hey so this is how I see and compare the 2...
The candies are great! There very easy to take, and as long as your tollerence isn't crazy high , I find I can take enough candies for a nice heady buzz that last a few hours easy! Last time I took the candies, ended up taking 4 of them, which was 200mg kavalactones...felt amazing! Very relaxing and euphoric :)
On the other hand. For the people that cant seem to take enough of the candies to "get there" then I would certainly recomend the paradise extract! I do relize the candies wernt ment for getting krunked but are perfect for everyday use...at the office or what ever stressful situation you find yourself in...
But, the extract kinda takes hold quicker. Which certainly provide a stronger overall buzz...
The paradise kavas 6 Gen extracts are amazing, they feel very clear and pure form of kava. Much like the candies....just in a "grab your own dose" type jar lol...
The paradise kava can provide a great clear heady buzz! And if you scoop yourself out an even bigger dose then recomended (250mg) per 2 grams...I imagine you could have a very heady experience!
Since there no way to measure Im only guessing the biggest dose Iv taken was right around 1/4 of a tsps...maybe slightly less,but man the extract gets into your blood stream quick! As long as you can hold it under your tongue. Like the candies then it will be awesome! :)

Now heres the hard part...
There both in different classes I think, there both kinda made for stressfull situations...but the extract I feel could be used for just more of a heady kava buzz withen a matter of 10mins...I can sometimes feel it in 5 mins! But candies are kinda the same...Even though the candies are hard and dont desolve fast...I still felt them in 5-10 mins....it took about 30-40 mins to get where I wanted to be with the candies but once I was it was worth it! I Almost feel both of them have about the same type of kava in them because buzz wise there very simmular! If you have tried thr candies and are looking for (more)....go buy yourself pk's extract! It wont disapoint! Its very strong...even in small doses, a little amouth the size of a pea seems to effect me like 2 of the candies do...Taking the 2 gram dose (250mg) can realy effect me strongly..in a good way though :)
I have reviewed them both in detail, if you havent. Go check them out..then you can get a better idea what I was feeling while taking them :)
Hope this helps clear up the difference some!

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks bradley, that most definitely helps. Thats just what i was looking for. Looks like im going to order some extract! Which flavor did you go with and was it good? I suppose I need to stop being lazy and go find your review on it im sure it will say there. If you keep the extract on you or in your car, does the heat melt it at all? If I leave a strawberry chapstick in the car, it turns into a strawberry smoothie. Is the extract similair??

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Haha...
Ya the only problem with the extract is that you kinda need to leave it in the fridge to keep the extract thick! I can only imaginr how hard the extract would be to use if it was left in the heat! But if u had a small spoon ..you would prolly be fine :) its a shitload easier to use out of the fridge though!!!
I bought the lemon/honey one...and it mixxes with the kava amazingly! If you like the taste of lemon...then its amazing...dont get much honey taste...mostly lemon..totaly covers up the kava! And it will numb the hell out of your mouth! Lol...My jar is about empty so Im gona order more when I get the funds...prolly mint/chocolate next time :)

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
Haha...
Ya the only problem with the extract is that you kinda need to leave it in the fridge to keep the extract thick! I can only imaginr how hard the extract would be to use if it was left in the heat!
I just got mine from the mailbox and its like soup. You talked me into trying honey lemon. Hopefully the heat didnt break down any of the kavalactones because its 91° here in georgia. Until the day when man can control weather its obviously not Pk's fault, and it was well wrapped and sealed. Its sitting in the fridge now with the top off. Still pretty happy though because when i had tracked it a week ago it said it would be here monday.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Ya the heat i dnt think will hurt the kavalactones because the temp isnt to high to damage them i dnt think...
But ya i have been keeping my extract in the fridge full time..
I find its much easier to scoop out!
:)

-33-

Trailer Park Boys - watch it on netflix!
I've been using the kava candy for a few weeks now...
1 = happy/chill
2-3 = slightly more chill
4 = 50% happier/more chill than if only took 1
12+ (or 1 & 1/2 packs) = noticeable effect.... p.s. it takes about 1-2 hours to dissolve 12 in your mouth, if you go 1 right after another!

Effects @ 12+ candies = brighter, more vivid colors... 'not a care in the world'... & easily able to go to sleep. I've found that laying down/meditating potentates & speeds up the process at which it takes hold

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
greenbeen, just wondering how the pk extract is working out for you?!
I remember you saying it was very melty and soupy when you got it, lol..but how is it now?
You keeping it in the fridge? how are the effects? dose? :)

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
I kept it in the fridge for 3 or 4 days to regain the original consistency. But now i keep it in a zipper style lunchbox along with all my kava products because the thermal lining keeps it cool. As far as effects, i notice less effects with extract compared to candies. With low doses i get a small amount of relaxation, larger doses i feel effects including light sensitivity relaxation and drowsiness before falling asleep. I love the extract for its ability to make me more comfortable after a large meal and to put me to sleep. But i feel like the candies have more of a heady effect. 3 candies gives me very similar effects to 1-2 teasp of micro moi. Makes me curious at to what cultivar they use in the candies. If i had my ways i would keep pk extract and the candies in my kava lunchbox!

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
awesome, thanks for the info!
I soo agree with you now, I have always praised the PK extract and i do love it! I am out now though, and the last few doses didn't do much but make me tired and sleepy :(
When I first got it I was in love, but the more I used and got use to different kava's, instants, micro...different cultivars ect,
the less I felt this extract! And I am able to hold it under the tongue in big doses...yes it numbs good but the "heady effect" I once felt is mainly gone now...Not sure If I will buy more or not now, just ordered a new extract from KavaKava R Us and pretty excited about it! Its a co2 extraction 70% kavalactone extract..only a grain of rice dose is needed!
Not sure if you have seen this yet or not but certainly looks like the best "real deal" extract on the market...and probably the strongest! He sells them on ebay, search for kava extract 70%..you should find it, he has also posted a few times on here in few post....I will definitely write up a review and let you know how it works out!

Oh and the kava candies vs pk extract:
I agree 100% now...after getting to know both of them, I get way more pleasurable effects, more heady, and more relaxation from the kava candies then I ever have with the pk extracts! Also the candies even though they are hard and disolve more slowly..they are somehow absorbed much more quicker and easier then the pk stuff!
Yes kava candies are better and stronger with less kavalactones and less money! :)

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Haha...
Ya the only problem with the extract is that you kinda need to leave it in the fridge to keep the extract thick! I can only imaginr how hard the extract would be to use if it was left in the heat! But if u had a small spoon ..you would prolly be fine :) its a shitload easier to use out of the fridge though!!!
I travelled with a jar of paradise extract, totally unrefrigerated for a little over a week. I would just scoop some out with my index or pinky finger. I honestly don't remember the texture, probably not as firm and a little watery I guess, but not a big deal. I would definitely keep it in a fridge if you have access to one.

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
awesome, thanks for the info!
I soo agree with you now, I have always praised the PK extract and i do love it! I am out now though, and the last few doses didn't do much but make me tired and sleepy :(
When I first got it I was in love, but the more I used and got use to different kava's, instants, micro...different cultivars ect,
the less I felt this extract! And I am able to hold it under the tongue in big doses...yes it numbs good but the "heady effect" I once felt is mainly gone now...Not sure If I will buy more or not now, just ordered a new extract from KavaKava R Us and pretty excited about it! Its a co2 extraction 70% kavalactone extract..only a grain of rice dose is needed!
Not sure if you have seen this yet or not but certainly looks like the best "real deal" extract on the market...and probably the strongest! He sells them on ebay, search for kava extract 70%..you should find it, he has also posted a few times on here in few post....I will definitely write up a review and let you know how it works out!

Oh and the kava candies vs pk extract:
I agree 100% now...after getting to know both of them, I get way more pleasurable effects, more heady, and more relaxation from the kava candies then I ever have with the pk extracts! Also the candies even though they are hard and disolve more slowly..they are somehow absorbed much more quicker and easier then the pk stuff!
Yes kava candies are better and stronger with less kavalactones and less money! :)
I completely agree with you about the comparison and thanks for the tip on the 70% extract ! I didnt know there was more than one extract on the market so ill def check it out. Pls let me know what you think about it.

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
@Bradley666 He doesnt give much information about the extract on his ebay page or any at all at kavakavarus. Is there anywhere i can read more about it as far as dose amount, what type of kava he uses etc. ?

-33-

Trailer Park Boys - watch it on netflix!
In regards to that 70% kava extract.... I saw that on quite a few websites, one of them was "iamshaman" etc. I hope the site you're getting it from isn't carrying the same mass-sold b.s. like the 30% extract thats everywhere. Seems like 1 or 2 companies are making this junk & then everyone ends up selling it. It's supposedly a yellow colored paste (from what I read on 3 diff websites). All of the companies claim to be making it themself... however, how do all of these websites get a perfect 70% each? Seems like it's all coming from 1 place :(

p.s. I can vouch for Kava Candy being a good product... I take about 1-pack (12 pieces) a night. My dad however just takes 1, every 2-3 nights & it helps him get a full nights sleep :)

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
No im talking about kavakava r us...there a vendor here on the forum and they are the ones making the micro pouni ono :)