What's new

Kavaeurope & KWK Europe (Poland)

Have you ordered from these distributors successfully?

• Total voters

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
Great news guys, looks like that enough of us have been requesting better shipping prices & they came trough for us, this is the response I got from them couple of days ago.

Can't wait to order some goodies next week
Wow that's awesome. Now the prices seem more normal.

Kava???

Kava Curious
Tough luck for group 5 :eek::oops:, but great news for everyone else.

I also made a purchase right away, I'll try some hard stuff this time
Borongoru

Last edited:

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
But that there is no customs between countries in Europe is not the case, I have had loads of other packages confiscated with other content than Kava.

Edit: But it's true that there are no customs fees like if someone in Europe would import Kava from outside of Europe.
+1 at intra-EU confiscation (once
And that package got confiscated and destroyed by the custom. Because it had medicinal claims on it. But the other kava I have imported has just been root powder from a plant that is not illegal, so I guess that is why the customs saw it as okay.
They are as if just protecting the healthcare market for pharma industry :) It isnot completely true but the pattern seems affirmative (because they do not enable cheaper or better alternatives if possible).

Precipitated

Kava Curious
I think the risk of getting anything confiscated is a lot higher if the package is sent through regular mail as opposed to through a parcel service like DPD. I don't know if it applies to all service providers, but at least few years ago, DPD used to bypass customs all together. Might be different today though.

Anyways on the topic, just put down my first order with KWK, let's see how it goes. :)

Michael Nielsen

Kava Enthusiast
I think the risk of getting anything confiscated is a lot higher if the package is sent through regular mail as opposed to through a parcel service like DPD. I don't know if it applies to all service providers, but at least few years ago, DPD used to bypass customs all together. Might be different today though.

Anyways on the topic, just put down my first order with KWK, let's see how it goes. :)
There are customs personnel present at all postal or couriers that handle international shipments.

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
In my country, a kava original package from USA was once broken and my country customs had marked that it arrived broken.

This as if means that kava is not illegal in my country and they do not confiscate it and demand recipe or special licence from medicine aunhorities.

It is just not allowed to sell it inside the country's jurisdiction.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
In my country, a kava original package from USA was once broken and my country customs had marked that it arrived broken.

This as if means that kava is not illegal in my country and they do not confiscate it and demand recipe or special licence from medicine aunhorities.

It's the same in my country. Or at lest it has worked like that for many, many, of my orders. Customs working for different delivery companies has opened my packages and just let it pass trough to me. Even the government customs agency have opened and just left a note that they checked it. But now I got a package stuck in customs at a delivery company and they claim I need a license. This package got stress candies in it and I am curious if it's that product they find to be a medical product. They stopped answer my e-mails so I don't even know yet. But it feels strange if buying kava capsules, kava extract and tinctures is fine but buying chewing gum with kava is not? Really strange.

Precipitated

Kava Curious
There are customs personnel present at all postal or couriers that handle international shipments.
When I worked in one of the largest distribution hubs for DPD in central Europe, we only had customs come in, when another courier service had passed a package that had come outside of EU. Regular EU packages we're never inspected by customs. Of course that doesn't mean that there couldn't be checks made at some other point in the logistics chain, but I think it's unlikely. It's more likely that customs/law enforcement have access to the shipments list and can ask for any suspicious package to be taken out for inspection. (That's purely hypothetical and I never saw it happen)

You're also from Estonia, right? Have you ever been asked to pay any additional import tariffs when ordering Kava from outside of EU?

Back on the topic, my shipment from KWK arrived today. Ordered some different Kavas for testing and decided for starters to make 3tbs of Loa Waka. trad prep. The taste is something new as I never had Kava with so strong pepper taste. But it's not that bad. The effects are quite nice, seem to fall a bit more on the heavy side, but perhaps I'm just tired today. Anyways super glad to have some different Kavas to try out. :)

Stephanie12

Herbalist
It's the same in my country. Or at lest it has worked like that for many, many, of my orders. Customs working for different delivery companies has opened my packages and just let it pass trough to me. Even the government customs agency have opened and just left a note that they checked it. But now I got a package stuck in customs at a delivery company and they claim I need a license. This package got stress candies in it and I am curious if it's that product they find to be a medical product. They stopped answer my e-mails so I don't even know yet. But it feels strange if buying kava capsules, kava extract and tinctures is fine but buying chewing gum with kava is not? Really strange.
Not for human consumption.

babesugarbunny

Kava Enthusiast
Not for human consumption.
I'm not sure what you mean with this comment?
An update is that the stress candies got delivered, it was the extract and tincture that got send back to the vendor. All packages with kava that customs have opened before have been clear about on the package that it is for human consumption. Kava is sometimes seen as a medical product, but the definition is strange. It's not like with K@, where the K@ itself is legal but the active ingredients is classed as a drug. So you can have K@ at home for other uses than consuming it. But the case with kava is a bit more vague.

Stephanie12

Herbalist
I'm not sure what you mean with this comment?
An update is that the stress candies got delivered, it was the extract and tincture that got send back to the vendor. All packages with kava that customs have opened before have been clear about on the package that it is for human consumption. Kava is sometimes seen as a medical product, but the definition is strange. It's not like with K@, where the K@ itself is legal but the active ingredients is classed as a drug. So you can have K@ at home for other uses than consuming it. But the case with kava is a bit more vague.
Ok, I am still trying to get my head around this. Please pardon if I'm slow. Is it possible that some Eurpoean countries consider Kava not for human consumption, because I remember reading that somewhere recently? Are extract and tincture not allowed also if they claim no health benefits on the label? I am interested in these candies now...

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
When I worked in one of the largest distribution hubs for DPD in central Europe, we only had customs come in, when another courier service had passed a package that had come outside of EU. Regular EU packages we're never inspected by customs. Of course that doesn't mean that there couldn't be checks made at some other point in the logistics chain, but I think it's unlikely. It's more likely that customs/law enforcement have access to the shipments list and can ask for any suspicious package to be taken out for inspection. (That's purely hypothetical and I never saw it happen)

You're also from Estonia, right? Have you ever been asked to pay any additional import tariffs when ordering Kava from outside of EU?
Yes, Estonia.
Check out Borongoru for mango peel / pepper taste. Pacific Elixir, Tikaram's Vanuatu? and Pouni Ono taste relatively mild. Vula Waka was outright vile for me, too terrible to drink. Savusavu was OK.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Kavaeurope sells 500g for 101€ to germany. It is a lot of money but if you were to import it yourself you'd spend almost the same amount if you'd use a remailer. Maybe you could save 10€! This 10€ is a good insurance trouble and it also goes to the distributer who is not running a multi million dollar business for sure. You also don't have to wait for weeks. When i ordered, i had it within 2 or 3 days? I think its worth it even though i won't be ordering often bc of the price. I reember, 100€ would get you 1KG of very potent Kava. But these times are gone and we have to accept it and the consequences.