What's new

Kavain Capsules for anxiety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeB

I like Mo'i
Hi everyone,

So I love Kava a lot now. I've been taking it for anxiety, as described in my thread here. As I live a very busy and high-stress life, this is extremely helpful for me.

The only problem is, dealing with mixing root powder, drinking, etc, is kind of annoying for when I'm really on the go. Probably making some syrup and dosing with an eyedropper would be useful, but even that requires time I don't have right now. (Yeah, working in a startup company will make you busy, lol :D)

I wanted to ask if anyone's tried Kavain extract capsules of the sort described here. Yeah, it ain't real kava, but maybe it's useful in the way that Vivarin is useful. Does it work? I would expect it to be very "heady" and hence good for anxiety.

Anyone?

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Doesn't actually say how much of it is kavain. If its 60% of 500mg making it over 250mg then it'd be rather potent. I'm skeptical.

I'd be interested to know what taking pure kavain is like. I know the kavalactones are synergistic and it's likely some of them potentiate the others, so taking a bunch of pure kavain might not have the desired effect.

Last edited:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
It does say that it is a full spectrum extract so it has some of the other kavalactones but I have seen this company before and they have been sold out since the first time I saw there website. It is hard for companies like that to get Hawaiian root so maybe that is why they are still sold out.
I would recommend getting some quality kava paste, you can put that into capsules if you want or just take it directly.
You will also be able to control your own dosing so that if you make a capsule and it is too strong you can make the next one with less kava paste, soon you will find your perfect dose. Aloha.

Chris

MikeB

I like Mo'i
Thanks for the advice.

Chris - can you recommend a good paste? I don't see one on your site...

Peace,
Mike

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Thanks for the advice.

Chris - can you recommend a good paste? I don't see one on your site...

Peace,
Mike
I would have suggested Paradise Kava but KavaDude said it might be hard to got into the capsules, I do have some that I was considering to sell on my website. I will try to get it up there in the next few days and I will let you know when i get it up. Aloha.

Chris

MikeB

I like Mo'i
I would have suggested Paradise Kava but KavaDude said it might be hard to got into the capsules, I do have some that I was considering to sell on my website. I will try to get it up there in the next few days and I will let you know when i get it up. Aloha.

Chris
What a coincidence! :D I just ordered another shipment of Mo'i. Any way to combine the orders so I don't need to pay shipping twice?

Roaddog

Kava Who?
I don't know for me, taking kava is to relax. I feel that taking something on the go, defeats that perpous. But I do understand the busy life, too. I just think you would get more out of kava, if you used it in the evenings, and relaxed, after using it. I like to chat on line. eat good food, and watch TV, after my kava. I struggle to take it, and go get stuff done. for me its more of a wind down tool. and I find making traditional kava to be part of that process. Also I tend to think, that ground root powder, is safer than something in a pill. It probably doesn't matter, but if you do order it, I would send a sample to @Deleted User , to maybe get it tested.

Other wise Chris at @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava , is your best bet. He hands down has the fine wine, of Kava, as I like to call it. I always keep some GHK, around. I have some GHK Mahakea Micro, that's just out of this world. Its my wife and my favorite, so far. But I also did enjoy the Moi micro too. I have never tried GKHs instant, but I have heard its good. I plan to someday order some and try it. You could even capsule it if you wanted. But Like I said, I like my grogs. But instant may be a way of making a grog more potent. @HeadHodge , has me slamming my grog, and popping 2 pieces of Kava Candy, after my grog. It seems to make it more potent, and it helps kill the taste. Yes Headgie, I know I have some reviews to get caught up on. Much love. Roaddog....

Last edited:

2Intense

Kava Enthusiast
Doesn't actually say how much of it is kavain. If its 60% of 500mg making it over 250mg then it'd be rather potent. I'm skeptical.

I'd be interested to know what taking pure kavain is like. I know the kavalactones are synergistic and it's likely some of them potentiate the others, so taking a bunch of pure kavain might not have the desired effect.
Kavadude nailed it here. Finding the right "profile" that works for you is key. There is obviously a complex relationship between the different kavalactones. I love "heady" kava, but they do not love me back. When my kava's are too heavy on the kavain then I find myself more uptight in the long run. Find what works for you. I'm positive that if I tried pure kavain it would be a disaster for me personally. The best for me at the moment is GHK - imported Boroguru.

Nodnav

Kava Curious
It is crazy that I haven't read any definitive good news about "paste". I just ordered some Full Spectrum 85/55/WhateverTheNumberIsItDoesn'tMatter from Kona Farm (Kava.Com) and it has next to no potency. It is advertised as something quite amazing when actually, it's just a mystery paste. Okay... so I know it's kava because tastes of kava. My tongue goes numb momentarily. My saliva burns my throat. It's not snake paste... but it's close enough. I feel like I have just had a Bud Light. For thirty dollars a half-ounce plus shipping, I should be sitting here on my sofa and feeling like I have pilot control of a tour helicopter over Hawaii. Bula's boroguru puts me in my place so I know it's not me. I guess it's my fault for falling for it. My @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava order and Bula order (@Judd Rench) can't get here fast enough. I would go back to the kava bar tonight but dropping a hundred bucks on kava in a weekend when you can get a pound of micro for that much... you know what I mean!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Paradise extracts are superb. I have not found any others of note. There is some pretty common and apparently very poor quality stuff (based on the reports I read, though I've never had it myself) that proliferates from a company in China and is resold by a lot of different brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.