What's new

KavaLounge posts

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Alright so here's the deal.

- The posts are mostly intact. Mostly. A couple videos are missing and stuff, smilies have been replaced with text and that sort of thing, but it all appears to be readable. Also I only have the posts from Aug 15 and before. I had to do a bunch of crap by hand so I'm just going to leave it at that. I don't think you can get a much better result, scraping a bunch of HTML.

- I created dummy accounts for every kavalounge user. For instance all my posts on KL will be by the user "kl.kavadude." These will have to be merged by hand.

If that sounds alright, then kapm I'm going to need the keys to the kingdom. I'll talk to you about it when you are online.

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Okay, it's done. You can read the posts in the "archive" category (scroll down). Originally this was named "UP YOURS YUKU" but I thought better of it. Anyway those posts will sit there until we decide what to do with them. Someone will have to go through and merge accounts as people register.

infraredz

BULA!
Hallelujah. Great job kavadude!

In regards to users migrating over here and interactivity, I think maybe having the posts in their respective forums might be helpful. Then again, I don't know what that would involve or the possible consequences (ie. duplicate of Yuku and G00gle)

Just my thought, I guess it doesn't matter that much and we can just enjoy your work!

kavadude

❦ॐ tanuki tamer
Yeah I dunno, there's no way in Xenforo to merge forums at the moment so it would require me to write more SQL and barf. There's also the question of whether we even want people to be able to post on old threads and stuff or just have a clean break. For now I just made those forums read only.

infraredz

BULA!
Yeah I dunno, there's no way in Xenforo to merge forums at the moment so it would require me to write more SQL and barf. There's also the question of whether we even want people to be able to post on old threads and stuff or just have a clean break. For now I just made those forums read only.
No worries, you've already worked hard enough.

Good point. I think a clean break might be nice I was just thinking of ways to get people to participate more here

KavaGurl

The Original Kava Forum Mama
Great work kavadude!! And the rest of you guys have done an amazing job..this is all so wonderful! :)