What's new

Knee jerk thought on rose and saffron PK extract

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
Received my first order of the lemon extract and the special Rose and Saffron this morning. My friend anxiety has been hanging around far too long this week so, despite having a low dose of ativan early this morning (0.25), I decided this would be the ideal time to check out the anxiolytic effects. And the taste of course. Cause I'm a wimp I took a teeny tiny glob (2-3 rice grain size) of the lemon. Nice taste, VERY numbing on the mouth - more so than the regular stuff and it lasted a long time - kinda like sucking on the Kava Kandy for as long as possible. Did feel very subtle effect so took another couple of grains worth about 39 minutes later. Yup, I was feeling a definite calm descending - almost scary. I'm not entirely used to feeling relaxed. At this point I hadn't had the 1/4 tsp amount on the label so decided I'd try a grain or two of the Rose and Saffron.

Hmmm, not too sure about this one. Very pronounced numbness with almost a medicinal quality to it and was instantly reminded of the dentist chair. Not a good feeling. The taste and numbness hung around for awhile and I wasn't really enjoying it. 10 minutes on and I still feel a slight numbing and finally getting a little more of the rose taste breaking through. Sadly I'm not wild about it and it's the 20g jar. Maybe it will grow on me.

But the lemon - yup it's good!

Paradise Kava

Honolulu, HI
Kava Vendor
kilakila, thanks for the review
...loved "Yup, I was feeling a definite calm descending -almost scary" :shameshame:
Hope the Honey Lemon calms without the scare.
Did the two 'feel' diferent?
did you try any without any ativan?
aloha
AG

kilakila

Kava keeps me going.
kilakila, thanks for the review
...loved "Yup, I was feeling a definite calm descending -almost scary" :shameshame:
Hope the Honey Lemon calms without the scare.
Did the two 'feel' diferent?
did you try any without any ativan?
aloha
AG
I think I can definitely get used to that relaxed feeling! I think the only difference in the "feel" was the actual taste and length of aftertaste- being much longer in the Rose and Saffron. I definitely think this one will be more of an acquired taste. As for actual effects - hard to say because I really was too focused on the taste.

I'm now off the Ativan and switching to very low dose diazepam. I'll try not to take any this weekend and try the extracts again for a more "unadulterated " review of the effects!!
Thanks for what promises - for me - to be a great product, particularly when traveling.

Status
Not open for further replies.