What's new

Kona Kava on Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanAwa

1 kava 2 kava 3 kava COUCH
Was combing through Amazon and noticed kona kava farms is offering a concentrate paste at 55% that they don't offer on there site . They claim it's co2 extracted and isolates kavain and yangnonin. I didn't know that they could isolate specific kavalactones ?

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
Even if they can its pointless. Kavalactones don't work unless they're all combined. And kona isn't really a good brand from others reports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Yes avoid Kona kava. Even if their kava was slightly active, I still wouldn't buy from them. Their shady business practices are downright wrong.

CanAwa

I have heard before about them and when I was researching kava was the the first site I found but I was just merely wondering if anyone had ever heard of isolating the kavalactones like that

CanAwa

I also found another supplier of Fu'u called Pacific Gardens ..34.95 a pound ..all good reviews mostly ..I posted it before but never heard if anyone ever tried it from the forum . I emailed the seller to ask some questions e.g chemotype , pesticide free , noble ..and such ..haven't heard back yet

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
I also found another supplier of Fu'u called Pacific Gardens ..34.95 a pound ..all good reviews mostly ..I posted it before but never heard if anyone ever tried it from the forum . I emailed the seller to ask some questions e.g chemotype , pesticide free , noble ..and such ..haven't heard back yet
Fu'u isn't noble. And it's highly unlikely they would know the chemotype.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

CanAwa

Recieved a message back from South Pacific Gardens about the Fu'u and they said there kava is considered a noble cultivar and gave me a chemotype

Kavain 17%
Methysticin 19%
Dihydrokavain 17%
Dihydromethylsticin 7%
Desmethoxyyangonin 4%
Yanghonin 14%

yepimonfire

Kava Enthusiast
If it were a Vanuatu kava it would be considered noble. I'm surprised they had a breakdown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanAwa

Ya I don't know if he just means it has a "noble" chemotype or what ..I may try it tho ..seeing as how bkh is out again

Kristy

Kava Curious
Kona kava was my first experience. No effect whatsoever .

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

J

James Peek

I tried kona kava farms a few times. It was hit or miss for me. I tried the paste and it had no effect for met, and I would tend to doubt they can extract kavalactones with any precision though.

Nodnav

Kava Curious
Do not try this paste! I got it from their website for 30 bucks a half ounce before I knew about the Forum. I took three doses tonight of what is supposed to be full spectrum islolated paste and I feel like a had a beer, shotgunned one at most. Kona/Kava.com has no presence here at the Forum for a reason. I am sure they make plenty of money from people that don't do the research. I am new so I thought the paste was going to be super strong and help me be reverse tolerance. Bula's Boroguru does me just fine. Kava Farm's paste does nothing. **Drops the mic...

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
I'm sad to say it, but I have been buying Kona Kava Farms powdered kava root for over a year. Didn't know any better, until last week when I discovered these forums. I had suspected KKF was not a good vendor, especially recently as their product has been weaker as of late. It has also been of variable consistency - one order of medium grind was practically micronized. I am running low on kava now, and so ordered some GHK M'oi and Papa Kea. I'll report back with a comparison. Trust me, if anyone can make the comparison it will be me, although I suspect you guys have heard it before.

Bubba Bula

krunkadelic relic
I've tried GHK Mo'i and GHK Papa Kea. The difference between those and KKF "Powdered Root Plus" is very apparent. The KKF product had no heady effects. It basically made you sleepy. The Mo'i and Papa Kea give heady effects, with the Papa Kea also giving a body hit. Both the Mo'i and Papa Kea are much smoother tasting than the KKF product. I call it a product as I have a difficult time even calling it kava, although I've since found out its basically isa-tudei even though its sold as noble.

greenbeen

Kava Enthusiast
I've tried GHK Mo'i and GHK Papa Kea. The difference between those and KKF "Powdered Root Plus" is very apparent. The KKF product had no heady effects. It basically made you sleepy. The Mo'i and Papa Kea give heady effects, with the Papa Kea also giving a body hit. Both the Mo'i and Papa Kea are much smoother tasting than the KKF product. I call it a product as I have a difficult time even calling it kava, although I've since found out its basically isa-tudei even though its sold as noble.
And thats why i love this forum. Imagine if you never read about noble vs non noble and you just stuck with purchasing from kkf (or any other vendors selling subpar kava) Talk about missing out !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.