What's new

Powdered Kava Review Koro Island Waka

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
cpReview
{"Grade":9,"Potency":7,"Mind":6,"Body":7,"Anxiety":8,"Sedative":7,"Taste":"4","Preparation":"","Duration":"","SideEffects":"","Headline":""}
fr_4976_size640.jpg

Art Of Kava - Koro Island Waka
Prep: 40g kava w/ 400ml water knead and strain for 12 oz of face melting grog.

Taste: This is surprising. This is a root that falls into that category of non-offensive kavas that are easy to drink.
I think something we forget about is the starch content of some of these kavas and how thick the resulting brew can be due to it. This is a low starch kava. I need to figure out a way of testing that quality of a kava because it seems to be important in the drinking experience. This one didn't leave a lingering flavor and I didn't even make my standard "kava face" after this. I almost half-expected it not to be very strong, but I was pleasantly wrong.

Texture: Thin, light, easy to drink, even at 40g.

Effects: Oh wow. This kava is potent. No nausea, no immediate skin drying, but there definitely were immediate effects. It came on in around 6 minutes and I was reaching for door frames in 15. The lights in the bedroom are all smart switches tied to our Amazon echo. I found a new metric on which to rate my kavas: How effectively Alexa can understand me as I tell it to turn the lights off last thing. Last night I had to tell her twice. This is a heavy kava with a good kavain content. A bit of an oxymoron, but it's a quality I find myself looking for more recently. Overall I would say this kava is balanced with a heavy lean.

Conclusion: This kava is priced correctly. I feel that for the effect and taste there are far far more expensive kavas I've gotten less from and found harder to drink. Going to have to give this one a full stamp of approval.

Fully suggest giving this vendor a go.

kavakarma

Kava Enthusiast
Hey this is a fine review. I would love one of those mugs! And a shirt. Anyway, kava looks good. I'm glad you mentioned starch content. Some roots brew kind of in between milky, creamy, and the milk of nuts. Like my Squanch 2:1 or 3:1 Lawena:Waka is a bit thick, the last bits of juice from the strainer slide down my hands like butter. Meanwhile, anything from fresh root is crisp like water, refreshing like cucumber juice.

To say what is the creamiest kava I've had, I'm not sure. I know some of the brews from GHK and KT can be really palatable. And I like the creaminess associated with Squanch. What would you say is a good list of starchy kava and not-so-starchy? @Kapmcrunk

AlexisReal

Kava Enthusiast
View attachment 10820

Art Of Kava - Koro Island Waka
Prep: 40g kava w/ 400ml water knead and strain for 12 oz of face melting grog.

Taste: This is surprising. This is a root that falls into that category of non-offensive kavas that are easy to drink.
I think something we forget about is the starch content of some of these kavas and how thick the resulting brew can be due to it. This is a low starch kava. I need to figure out a way of testing that quality of a kava because it seems to be important in the drinking experience. This one didn't leave a lingering flavor and I didn't even make my standard "kava face" after this. I almost half-expected it not to be very strong, but I was pleasantly wrong.

Texture: Thin, light, easy to drink, even at 40g.

Effects: Oh wow. This kava is potent. No nausea, no immediate skin drying, but there definitely were immediate effects. It came on in around 6 minutes and I was reaching for door frames in 15. The lights in the bedroom are all smart switches tied to our Amazon echo. I found a new metric on which to rate my kavas: How effectively Alexa can understand me as I tell it to turn the lights off last thing. Last night I had to tell her twice. This is a heavy kava with a good kavain content. A bit of an oxymoron, but it's a quality I find myself looking for more recently. Overall I would say this kava is balanced with a heavy lean.

Conclusion: This kava is priced correctly. I feel that for the effect and taste there are far far more expensive kavas I've gotten less from and found harder to drink. Going to have to give this one a full stamp of approval.

Fully suggest giving this vendor a go.
Hey there! I have some of this coming my way on Monday after some really pleasant discussion with the very friendly and smart vendor, sharing my own specific experience with international orders to ponder most sensible routes and procedure.