What's new

Powdered Kava Review Kula Kava Powder

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I was looking forward to trying this kava as one of my favourite kavas ever is a balanced to heavy tongan. I think I thought when I bought this that it would be balanced to heavy but it's actually more heady but with body notes. I find the taste quite peppery for a Tongan kava, nowhere near a Vanuatu kava but still for a Tongan I don't find it as nice tasting as others.

I mixed 4 heaped tbsps in a blender with 1 cup of milk and 3 cups of water as I have a long night to look forward to. After the first shell I felt the headiness kick in. I rarely drink heady kavas at all these days, not even really completely balanced ones either so this much headiness was a bit of a surprise but I was pleased to feel a slight relaxation in the muscles as well. After the second shell the headiness started to get a bit too much, I need to space this out a bit more.

Overall I would say this is a pleasant kava and if you go for headiness then you'll like this one. If you're more into your heavies then the body effects you get from it won't be worth the heady effects first. I'm not sure this is a kava for me but glad I tried it and if it's the sort of thing you like then it's a good standard kava.