What's new

Latest kula batch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Anyone tried it and can compare to the original batch that was so pleasant and enjoyable? The second batch I tried was less impressive and tasted less good too. Or any other tip on current batches at BKH would be helpful :)

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Anyone tried it and can compare to the original batch that was so pleasant and enjoyable? The second batch I tried was less impressive and tasted less good too. Or any other tip on current batches at BKH would be helpful :)
Interesting you say that. When did you purchase your last bag? The newest batch, which isn't super new had a similar kl% and chemotype. Should be nearly identical to the previous two.

Stonth

Kava Curious
Interesting you say that. When did you purchase your last bag? The newest batch, which isn't super new had a similar kl% and chemotype. Should be nearly identical to the previous two.
I got a bag while it was on sale in December. I wasn't super impressed, but it's fine I just ordered more Nambawan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThePiper

Kava Lover
Yeah I adored the first batch. Was hanging onto a bit till yesterday I finished it off. I think it was actually you guys that reminded us that KL% isn't everything in a good kava. The batch of kula I last bought might've been from October. It wasn't less potent than the original, but it didn't have that bliss factor

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Yeah I adored the first batch. Was hanging onto a bit till yesterday I finished it off. I think it was actually you guys that reminded us that KL% isn't everything in a good kava. The batch of kula I last bought might've been from October. It wasn't less potent than the original, but it didn't have that bliss factor
oh yeah on the KLs. Leka Hina is some of the lowest KL kava I ever had. It's also one of the three best kavas I ever had.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I got some Kula and it's decent this time, but not comparable to the original. It has a mild flavor like any good tongan and potency is similar but it's not warm and fuzzy. Decent daytime kava. 6.5/10 is my score.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
For What it's worth:
Just got some Nabawan it's got a slightly different kind of kick than the last time I had it. One batch was just supper mellow, while also very nicely alert.
Yesterday I waaaay over shot my compfort zone with what I thought was 2-3 TBS in a blender. I suspect it was a lot more for a bit did not feel at all right.
This morning to find the sweet spot had about 2 TBS. A unusual to me head and body rush, but also a bit of a upbeat yet mellow kind of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.