What's new

Latest Moi

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The latest moi is maybe the best kava I've had yet from Chris. I got a pound of moi, papa kea and Nene. All ones I've had before but it's amazing how different each can be based on plant to plant terroir micro climates. This one tastes very fijian-like which is interesting.

Ricardo Piquant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
How is it different?
It's very nicely flavored and very potent with a unique effect. I've always experienced a sedative effect from moi (which seems to be different from others' experience) and this one is not sedative for me. I'm not even sure I could call it heady. It just seems to have a good strong balanced punch and tastes great with great texture. It's remarkably potent. It seems like everytime I try the same cultivar... It's quite different every time. I chalk it up to the individuality of the plants. Maybe certain plants are exposed to different environmental conditions which slightly changes the kavalactone profile and taste.

I think it's worth a go. I think it's a particularly good batch. Even the grinds are so nice and fluffy.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I used to love moi but haven't enjoyed recent batches because they have made me feel weird and like edgey but fatigued. Now I am tempted to try. Your saying its a lot different than the past year or so?

Shaman-warrior

Kava Curious
I used to love moi but haven't enjoyed recent batches because they have made me feel weird and like edgey but fatigued. Now I am tempted to try. Your saying its a lot different than the past year or so?
I agree with you. I had the same experience. Miss last years batches.