What's new

Kava Preparation learning the New Way, please guide me

Kavacus

Kava Enthusiast
Hi, I'm a new guy to kava and need some instruction and/or encouragement here.

I have been having kava every night for nearly two weeks; first I tried Wakacon "Fiji Waka" I believe. Used my aluball for 2 or 3 - 12 oz. cups of the grog. No effects, but I know of RT so I wasn't surprised..

Now I have the sampler from KWK, drinking the Vula, Borogu and Borongoru. 2 heaping teaspoons prepared traditionally with the muslin bag thus: root in bag, 12 oz. warm water, let it sit for 5 minutes to steep. Then knead and wring out the root through the bag for 5 minutes or so-creates a milky Yoo-Hoo like liquid. 2 or three 12 oz. cups per night.

So, am I doing this right? Should I knead the root more or increase my amount of root? Or should I be patient. The Boronguru is the one that numbs my lips & mouth. I'm also getting unusually dry skin...and sleeping like a baby and waking up feeling good. Perhaps I should just be patient and feel for a more subtle vibe. As a recovering person, I expect a good whop upside the head from these rituals...kava seems different, and subtle.

Apologies for using this forum, but I was getting no replies in the NM Forum.

Thanks and Cheers!

K

recentreturn

Kava Enthusiast
So you are having 4-6 tablespoons kneaded every night in 24-32 ounces of water? Over how much time? Do you have an empty stomach? You can always increase your dose and rate of intake (mix it more potent, drink more kava in less time). You should eventually feel something, for sure. However, kava can be weird. I would definitely be sure to at least experiment with a very empty stomach so you can at least learn for sure what it feels like. I would also try something like consuming the whole 4-6 tbs over a period of 40 minutes, but maybe reduce your water quantity a little (if what you have been doing so far hasn't been working).
I can't comment much on reverse tolerance since if (or when) i went thru it, I didn't know it existed or wasn't expecting much out of kava. Kava can be subtle, especially compared to things from which people "recover"; but on occasion it can also literally knock a person on their...

If I consume 4 tbs (kneaded) on an empty stomach over a period of 20 minutes; I pretty much always feel something.

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Hi, I'm a new guy to kava and need some instruction and/or encouragement here.

I have been having kava every night for nearly two weeks; first I tried Wakacon "Fiji Waka" I believe. Used my aluball for 2 or 3 - 12 oz. cups of the grog. No effects, but I know of RT so I wasn't surprised..

Now I have the sampler from KWK, drinking the Vula, Borogu and Borongoru. 2 heaping teaspoons prepared traditionally with the muslin bag thus: root in bag, 12 oz. warm water, let it sit for 5 minutes to steep. Then knead and wring out the root through the bag for 5 minutes or so-creates a milky Yoo-Hoo like liquid. 2 or three 12 oz. cups per night.

So, am I doing this right? Should I knead the root more or increase my amount of root? Or should I be patient. The Boronguru is the one that numbs my lips & mouth. I'm also getting unusually dry skin...and sleeping like a baby and waking up feeling good. Perhaps I should just be patient and feel for a more subtle vibe. As a recovering person, I expect a good whop upside the head from these rituals...kava seems different, and subtle.

Apologies for using this forum, but I was getting no replies in the NM Forum.

Thanks and Cheers!

K
Sounds like you're doing great so far. Sleeping like a baby and waking up feeling great is nothing to sneeze at. If you wanted to get krunk you could drop the water ratio. The quantity of grind sounds about right, you could just make the grog stronger by using less water., if that's what you want. You sound like you are ready for it, if that's what you want.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
@Kavacus, make sure you’re using tablespoons, not teaspoons too. Originally you wrote teaspoons, which may be a typo. If it really is teaspoons, then it’s far too little root. Use as said above with 3-4 tablespoons.

::happyshell::

Kavacus

Kava Enthusiast
Thanks, yes it was tablespoons, not tea-. I drank some kava earlier today, and afterward I experienced the uncontrollable need to nap! Felt a head change as well...If not krunk, then I was definitely kruzzed! Might want to pace myself, I just want to relax, not get wasted.

Thanks to all!