What's new

Less is more?

gaia.tree

Kava Curious
So for the past several days I have been brewing my grog with 2 tablespoons in the strainer. Today I was feeling overwhelmed with the sleepiness sine I've been drinking grog all day (making the most out of my vacation) and I decided to make my afternoon grog with only 1 tablespoon. Funnily enough the 1 tablespoon grog is actually more euphoric, more rushy and in general much more pleasant than the 2 tablespoons I've been drinking for the last several days. Does anybody else experience this?

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
So for the past several days I have been brewing my grog with 2 tablespoons in the strainer. Today I was feeling overwhelmed with the sleepiness sine I've been drinking grog all day (making the most out of my vacation) and I decided to make my afternoon grog with only 1 tablespoon. Funnily enough the 1 tablespoon grog is actually more euphoric, more rushy and in general much more pleasant than the 2 tablespoons I've been drinking for the last several days. Does anybody else experience this?
More is good for me ;) - but I wish that amount worked for me, I need a minimum of 4 tbs, preferably 6-8.

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
I guess it depends what you're after. If euphoria is what you like and it only takes 1 tablespoon to get there you are a lucky man. Lots of strains will show heavy effects if you drink enough. I love balanced Kava's, takes me on a nice journey through it all. Early in the session the euphoria builds, peaks, then the deeper I go the more heavy effects weigh me down. It's a beautiful thing.

gaia.tree

Kava Curious
I'm learning, kava is a funny one for me. Seems to vary in effects from shell to shell. I do know I love how I was feeling today, and it seems when I try to replicate an experience I'm disappointed, but if I'm just enjoying the medicine however it manifests, that's when the real good vibes happen.