What's new

Liver function test

Status
Not open for further replies.

yardcat

Kava Lightweight
Hey all, haven't posted in a while, been crazy busy but things have slowed down now which is good, needed a break.

Probably mentioned this before but one of the reasons I started drinking kava was to alleviate anxiety and depression a large part due to the Hep C treatment I went through from April 2013 to March 2014. As advertised on TV now the easier treatments are now mainstream but when I began treatment they where still in trials so my doc suggested I get started right away on the Interferon/Ribavarin along with a 3rd antiviral which made all food taste like shit. They did a biopsy and ultrasounds prior which indicated it could advance to cirrhosis at any time, advanced stage 3. The treatment was was hell, lost 50 lbs., was anemic, could hardly walk around the block or upstairs without feeling like I was going to pass out.
Anyway, just wanted to share results from my latest blood test. Still undetected on the Hep C after a year so I'm cured for sure. Now I started drinking kava around September of last year, almost instant positive results on anxiety and depression, no RT to speak of. I have been drinking practically daily since, mainly in the evening (2-3 tablespoons micro session, or 7-8 tablespoons med grind session) to unwind. With my schedule used mainly GHK micro during the week along with KWK Borunguru when I had time to prep a batch on weekends. Occasionally BKH Nambawan in the mix also. The help available on this forum, the research by @Deleted User and others, I got off to an excellent, safe start on my kava journey, sticking with noble varieties only. Also, still no alcohol in any form. Have stayed away from it for years and for the time being see no reason to drink at all.

So, here are my numbers. Keep in mind my AST and ALT were seldom south of 100, usually significantly higher, since I was first diagnosed and treated with Interferon alone in the early 90s. This is the best lab result for me since monitoring began for me almost 25 years ago. ::urock2::
Bilirubin .4
AST 17
ALT 15
There was a full metabolic panel done but had a hard time figuring how to copy/paste where the columns made sense but these are the main liver numbers. Everything else was well within normal, except glucose a little borderline at 102.

D

Deleted User01

Excellent results! Thanks for posting them. If someone with your background is drinking kava daily with those test results, then there is no doubt in my mind that kava is safe for 99.9 percent of the human populace. Thanks again for posting the proof. Also, congrats on ridding yourself of Hep C. ::awesomesmiles::

Status
Not open for further replies.