What's new

Loa Waka Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
I've been trying this Kava at the moment and it usually gets glowing reviews. I find it very potent as only two heaped tablespoons are enough to get to a "ringing in the ear" state. The taste is also quite acceptable, maybe not the most dellicious kava in the world, but not bad, very soft.

As for its effects...

First of all, i'm getting a strong kavain effect that comes on very very quickly and fades away very very quickly. It then gives way to a (for me) rather uncomfortable, even anxiety provocing stimulation and a feeling of tiredness. At the same time, it is probably the strongest mental anxiolytic kava i have tried.

I probably woiuld not reorder for these reasons. It also lacks the euphoria and "freeing of the mind" + motivation i've gotten from other stimulant kavas such as Kaolik (R.I.P). This makes this kava feel very 2-Dimensional and rather unforgiving.

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
Different strokes for different folks. I aluballed 40g of medium grind and then trad prepped the remains. I'm not overwhelmed but got a solid krunk on.

* I do now feel ringing of ears slightly but it doesn't bother. I like to think I'm tuning into higher frequencies. Also I think you may have ingested some root sediment, the consistency of the powder is very fine.

Last edited:

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
Hi,
Yes, no problem with the ringing..talked about it to indicate the strength :)=
Yes, i always drink my kava with sediments, otherwise its not strong enough. Used the KWK strainer bag (which broke during its first use!) and the effecxts were 1/3 of what i'd later on achieve with a stocking ...

Krunkaroo

Kava Enthusiast
Hi,
Yes, no problem with the ringing..talked about it to indicate the strength :)=
Yes, i always drink my kava with sediments, otherwise its not strong enough. Used the KWK strainer bag (which broke during its first use!) and the effecxts were 1/3 of what i'd later on achieve with a stocking ...
Wow, I'm using the KWK Muslin bag too, I will get the Kavafied strain bag next, heard alot of good things about it.

I try not to drink much sediment, my skin starts to feel dry. I don't use a stocking because they are not made from non toxic material usually. The thought of using hot water in a stocking makes me cringe.

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
That's a good point and i'm also worried. I usually use cold water though...i have not noticed a big potency increase using hot water personally, and i don't like waiting for it to cool down :p

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@yiki I have never got on with any Fijian wakas except for heavy types so I can see what you mean about this one.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
I'm not sure if you were aiming heady or heavy but I recommend vula as a more body oriented kava. Great for anxiety and less cloudy headedness. I havent had Loa since last years, and I liked that a lot but thought it was a bit too strong.

Señor Chuggs

Friend of Kava
Ive never had the Loa Waka before but there's a dude in my blogoshere that's always posting shells of it. makes me krave the krunk....

">

yiki

Kava Enthusiast
I'm not sure if you were aiming heady or heavy but I recommend vula as a more body oriented kava. Great for anxiety and less cloudy headedness. I havent had Loa since last years, and I liked that a lot but thought it was a bit too strong.
Wanted something heady this time! After going through maybe 400gm i have to say that i got somewhat used to the jittery stimulation that happens maybe 1 hour after. Still lacks some depthh for me - but adding just a bit of kaolik to the mix....................

Status
Not open for further replies.