What's new

Looking for a Kava Cutting

mr.sanpedro

Kava Curious
:happy: I understand you and thank you for congratulations. We are also in the same boat. Eventually can ship someone from the forum a stem cutting an I can root them in my small glass house. There are tropical conditions....

mr.sanpedro

Kava Curious
Hi, I have a Idea, if here is someone in the forum who live in the US, I can order 2 kava plants. 1 plant you can keep oneself. The other kava plant can this person ship to me. I pay the plants and the shipping. The person can get in touch with me. Kava plants are not illegal in Germany. We have no kava plants for selling in Europe. Only botanical gardens have kava plants and they don't sell plants.

Poivrier

methystified
It is a fine idea ! The only problem is the time of transit for your cutting: first, Honolulu---some city in the US (wich can take more than one flight I suppose), reception of the package by your friend, repackaging then sending to Germany (are the flights directs between USA and Germany ?)...I think that a Piper m. could survive one week in a box without light but more than that it could be difficult to revive, add to that the stress of the multiple chocks the package receive, the temperatures variations, eventual customs check and rough handling...

Maybe it would be better to ask for an american friend to receive the plants, cultivate the plants for a while and let the plants relax before another trip.

In my opinion, the best option is unrooted cuts in moist sphagnum: it travels well, doesn't really needs light, stay humid, don't care of the chocks since there are no roots nor leaves and it can even start the rooting process during the trip ! I've had some success with tropical cuttings before, even with a two weeks long postage.

Usualy i receive kava (powder) in 5 days (I am living in Okinawa) so I am hopeful that maybe one day...
The ebay vendor send only to US territories...the funny thing is that Okinawa was an american territory not so long before !

mr.sanpedro

Kava Curious
Unrooted stemcuttings would be the best way. I can't find someone who ship unrooted stem cuttings. I would pay it. And taking a trip to Hawaii is too far away.