What's new

Member Soapbox Looking to mix it up on the kava strains?

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
Hey folks,
I just found out my local kava bar is trying not to tank. They just opened less than a year ago. They're now offering online sales of their root. They have Vanuatu root, fijian, mellow mellow, borgoru, and tongan if my memory serves me right. It's a husband and wife operation so they're very responsive via email. https://www.tucsonkavabar.com/

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Hey folks,
I just found out my local kava bar is trying not to tank. They just opened less than a year ago. They're now offering online sales of their root. They have Vanuatu root, fijian, mellow mellow, borgoru, and tongan if my memory serves me right. It's a husband and wife operation so they're very responsive via email. https://www.tucsonkavabar.com/
We could have a "support your local Nak" thread/folder/tag somewhere.

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
They also sell kr@tom crap, packed into bags labeled "The Kava Bar". ... For the sake of politeness, I refrain from commenting on that. Judge for yourself.

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
They also sell kr@tom crap, packed into bags labeled "The Kava Bar". ... For the sake of politeness, I refrain from commenting on that. Judge for yourself.
I haven't tried their K@. I don't feel they're misleading about it. They explain to people the difference and discourage it in the evenings. Hell, I've even taught them a few things about kava which they appreciated. I think to them, it's about using herbs rather than alcohol.

@Krunʞy , I like the folder idea! I haven't been on here in a bit. Have others been posting as well?

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
OK, a short comment then to elaborate my first posting. In my opinion, they are misleading about it already by just selling it, and that even alongside kava. Kr@tom is harmful and may even be addictive. You can read about people struggling with withdrawal here in the forums, and also elsewhere. Just google it. Of course, it's always a matter of dosis. But it seems that this is yet another shop mixing up a healthy kava culture with this crap (even more so by packaging it into bags with the word "kava" on the label), thus potentially damaging the reputation of kava.

I emphasize that 1. all of this is just my opinion, 2. I am not a physician or pharmacist, and 3. I don't want to appear offensive. All I want is to raise awareness and recommend reading up on these topics for yourself.

Last edited:

Intrepidus_dux

Kava O.G.
OK, a short comment then to elaborate my first posting. In my opinion, they are misleading about it already by just selling it, and that even alongside kava. Kr@tom is harmful and may even be addictive. You can read about people struggling with withdrawal here in the forums, and also elsewhere. Just google it. Of course, it's always a matter of dosis. But it seems that this is yet another shop mixing up a healthy kava culture with this crap (even more so by packaging it into bags with the word "kava" on the label), thus potentially damaging the reputation of kava.

I emphasize that 1. all of this is just my opinion, 2. I am not a physician or pharmacist, and 3. I don't want to appear offensive. All I want is to raise awareness and recommend reading up on these topics for yourself.
I know about K@. I discovered it before kava actually. I rarely use it and understand your concern. It does help responsible users, but yes there are side effects and risks for those who aren't educated about it. But hey, at least this bar doesn't mix them together literally. (y)