What's new

Powdered Kava Review Mâlôlô

Krunkie McKrunkface

Kava Connoisseur
Not sure where this Cactus Kava root is from, but from the look and taste and effects I'm guessing this is a Fijian blend of waka and lawena. Smells nice in the bag, though very mild. Makes a nice, thick, rich grog but lighter coloured than the smell led me to expect and this was reflected in the taste: much milder than I expected. Very easy to drink, mild flavour, hardly peppery at all, just a bit on the tongue, and very little bitterness or numbing. Th immediate taste is mild but the immediate effect is impressive and strong, like "woah, this is going to be good." This led to some mild euphoria at the beginning. Then settled in to a nice long very comfortable mellow. Very peaceful and relaxing. There's maybe nothing "amazing" about this kava to put it into the very top ranks, but it is by all means an excellent kava, something you could happily drink every day or most days. It was nice in the evening, and a gentle third wash for breakfast was equally pleasant, so just adjust your prep for the time of day, keeping in mind that a strong first wash will be something you only want in the evening. It's definitely strong. It hits a lot of good targets that you want a kava to hit which is part of what makes it excellent. That and the fact that it is very easy to drink, especially for people who are sensitive to bitterness. I really like this.

Last edited: