What's new

Mahakea initial reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gork

Kava Enthusiast
Don't thinks quite my thing. Tried it this twice. Don't think it's quite my thing. May give it another try latter. The first two times it felt...weird.

Chillbert

Kava Curious
New kavas are tricky. For me a new kava on the first try often delivers an experience exactly opposite of where it will come to land. Mahakea is a good kava. Might just be a little shy right now. Give it another go. You own it so nothing to lose.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
New kavas are tricky. For me a new kava on the first try often delivers an experience exactly opposite of where it will come to land. Mahakea is a good kava. Might just be a little shy right now. Give it another go. You own it so nothing to lose.
I'm glad to hear you say that. I find the same scenario when I try a new kava for the first time.

Chillbert

Kava Curious
I'm glad to hear you say that. I find the same scenario when I try a new kava for the first time.
This feels like a support group breakthrough moment! I thought I was the only one!

Given you've been drinking kava longer than I, has that always been the case for you, Kapm?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
This feels like a support group breakthrough moment! I thought I was the only one!

Given you've been drinking kava longer than I, has that always been the case for you, Kapm?
Sure has. I contend there's something to be said about reverse tolerance buildup between individual strains :)

Chillbert

Kava Curious
Sure has. I contend there's something to be said about reverse tolerance buildup between individual strains :)
Interesting theory. Unlike the initial reverse tolerance I always feel something from a new kava, and almost always fairly strongly. Just never seems to be representative off what the kava really has to offer. Kava: she's a mysterious lady.

It's almost as if the body is conditioned to the previous chemotype and grabs most strongly what was dominant in that strain. I'd have to conduct more science to confirm, which I am willing to do for the good of Kava Forums, of course. :happy:

In all seriousness, I keep on hand a few strains and tend to rotate through them, changing at each new batch. This conversation makes me think I''d get more goodness out of riding one horse at least a couple times. Any thoughts?

tarragon

Kava Curious
Don't thinks quite my thing. Tried it this twice. Don't think it's quite my thing. May give it another try latter. The first two times it felt...weird.
Made me lie down and wiggle my toes too. And gave me a weird feeling of misequalibrim. I think it's interesting tho….I will use it as a medicinal kava for times when I've strained my back or something and need some deep body relaxation. I won't drink it unless I know I can lie down for at least an hour.....and will definitely drink a little less than I did the first time!

Mitiburn

Kava Curious
It's really hard for me to branch off n try a different strain unless I've heard lots of good things about one. I don't like braking from the strains that really help me. Whenever I try a new strain it takes me like half a pound to get a feel for the chemotype and to decide if I like it or not. I thought this was jus me and so glad it's not!

gork

Kava Enthusiast
It's really hard for me to branch off n try a different strain unless I've heard lots of good things about one. I don't like braking from the strains that really help me. Whenever I try a new strain it takes me like half a pound to get a feel for the chemotype and to decide if I like it or not. I thought this was jus me and so glad it's not!
Indeed not! Because of the meds I'm on it's a good idea for me to be cautious and also just go a lot light on Kava's anyway. So if simply isn't my thing and or sit right on a small amount. In my mind I say eh ok no bigy. I tried it, and moving on.
It's my opinion that's the point of reviews to say hey I liked or are are meh to or just don't like it and here's why.
Not just for Kava but anything else to ^_^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.