What's new

Micronized Kava Review Mahakea - Micronized

exit stage left
The onset is a little slower and a little more subtle than medium grind. It's definitely easier to drink - I don't like kneading kava in juice, but this micro is easy to mix with juice and that makes it taste a little better going down. I also like the quick prep... no kneading, no waiting for my kava to chill. Just mix and go.

I haven't had medium grind Mahakea for a long time, so I can't quite compare the medium grind to the micronized as far as effects go, but I'm feeling a lot of body effects with this one. More than any kava I've had lately, so I'm not used to it. It's very pleasant, and so far not too sleepy. I think next time I'm going to try mixing Mahakea and Mo'i though, because I feel the Mo'i would be too heady on its own, and the Mahakea is very body-centric with only a little bit of headiness at the very beginning. Or maybe Mo'i and Nene? I have the sampler kit of the Micro so I have all three. Nene is probably going to be tried this weekend.

Back on topic. This is much easier to get down than medium grind, so I'm quite a fan of the micro. We'll see if it causes any GI issues.

exit stage left
I ended up feeling very nauseated last night, with much less root than med grind. I'm going to try toss and wash for a smaller amount to see if that works better for me. Part of the nausea was the taste, I think. And my body still doesn't love digesting this stuff.

exit stage left
Toss and wash seems to work better. Tonight wasn't Mahakea (Mo'i and Nene) but less powder and less liquid in my stomach seems to help keep the nausea to a minimum. Also knowing where to stop is good, and toss and washing smaller amounts helps me fine tune how much I'm drinking.

EDIT: For me, toss and wash means mixing a tablespoon of powder in a very small amount of liquid, drinking that, then chasing with more liquid. Yes, toss and wash is definitely the way to go. I had 3 tbsps, and then dinner, and things are good.

Last edited: