What's new

Micronized Kava Review Mahakea

infraredz

BULA!
Ok, couple of things. PNG is not on that list but Samoa is. Riddle me this, how can Germany import 821.50 tons when they banned kava during that time? Who was buying the Kava?
PNG is not on the list probably because their "history" of kava cultivation is very recent and has only really been done in the last decade (for cultivation intended for export, at least). They are "new to the scene" in terms of kava, at least when compared to those other countries. That doesn't mean they don't have kava suitable for daily consumption, which they do:
2. Product Definition
The roots, rhizomes and basal stems of “kava” plant Piper methysticum Forst. f. of the Piperaceae family, are process into kava dried products. The kava plant varieties are select based on the traditional history of experience of safe use by each Pacific country with names in local vernacular languages of the country of origin: [...] Papua New Guinea Kava varieties (Kau kupwe from Baluan Island).
Regarding Germany, keep in mind this was from measured from 2000 to 2009 and the kava ban in Germany took place in 2002 (if I remember correctly).

D

Deleted User01

I got it to print. I knew that Andrew had that information. I was looking at articles on exports and imports and his name would pop up occasionally as a concerned Kava guy and in meetings with international agencies and so on. I'm surprised he didn't start an association for Kava here on the mainland.

D

Deleted User01

Ohhh, that is tonnage for 9 years ... I would love to see importation by the year and I would love to see the spike in Germany this year. But I really want to know who is buying it.

infraredz

BULA!
So would I. Maybe this is worthy of more attention since it was posted a while ago and not many people seem to know about it...

D

Deleted User01

When I was doing research I read that PNG tudie was brought to Hawaii by Lebot and then it got out of the lab and it became ISA. But that is still not a Hawaiina Kava, it is PNG gone Wild. I read that they drink a lot Tudie in PNG. They may not have been drinking it for 1000s of years but they are sure trying to make up for it.

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Exactly. When you are buying over 500 kgs (~ + 1,000lbs) of a particular cultivar/strain/sample, why not pay a measly $25.00?

It's what I've been proposing that we request of all vendors selling Van kava.
So does this mean that kava vendors in the USA could send samples to them to get tested. It is cheaper than what I pay. :happy:
Aloha.

Chris

D

Deleted User01

Maybe Infraredz could broker that deal for you. You know, for a little Kava donation?:LOL: It would save you thousands.

infraredz

BULA!
So does this mean that kava vendors in the USA could send samples to them to get tested. It is cheaper than what I pay. :happy:
Aloha.

Chris
I'm not sure Chris. Needless to say though, the "amount" of testing that they do is very small when compared to the testing that you have had done on your products (from the documents I've seen).

Contact Dr. Lebot or Dr. Schmidt, and maybe this is where some sort of American Kava Council, Association or Organization can come in handy!