What's new

Male Fertility

Hello

Long time reader, first time poster. Really appreciate all the conversations that go one here but I have a question I’m hoping to get some clarity on.

My wife and I are trying to have our first child. She’s being wonderful and trying to eat healthy, remove any toxins etc (she does not drink kava). I have been trying to do the same but as I drank my third shell last night I wondered if kava could have an influence not only fertility but developmental issues when trying to conceive.

I’ve read a few posts on the possible female affects kava could have on fertility or unborn children but struggle to find anything on the male side.

Any thoughts? Should I be worried and put down the shells when trying to have a child?

Really appreciate any information.

JohnMichael

Kava Synchronized
Hello

Long time reader, first time poster. Really appreciate all the conversations that go one here but I have a question I’m hoping to get some clarity on.

My wife and I are trying to have our first child. She’s being wonderful and trying to eat healthy, remove any toxins etc (she does not drink kava). I have been trying to do the same but as I drank my third shell last night I wondered if kava could have an influence not only fertility but developmental issues when trying to conceive.

I’ve read a few posts on the possible female affects kava could have on fertility or unborn children but struggle to find anything on the male side.

Any thoughts? Should I be worried and put down the shells when trying to have a child?

Looking at the info online shows only one study (University of Alabama at Birmingham in 2000) that mentions (obliquely) kava as a potential inhibitor of sperm's ability to penetrate the ovum. Most studies mention coffee or wearing tight underwear much more often. There's just not much science out there on kava inhibiting the sperm's action. So, it sounds like staying in comfortable underwear while drinking kava would be the key. :D

Orz[EST]

Kava Enthusiast
Eurycoma longifolia is a tried and true herb that helps with it.

Of microelements, Zn is good and Se is also good. Measuring isoprostanes from urine might be valuable. If these are elevated, then seeing an andrologist would not be a mistake in EU. In USA maybe you need research paper references and a few suggestions because of weird health expense pattern.

Tomatoes and tomato paste should be top notch also for general lower body health.

PapaCthulu

Kava Lover
Hello

I don't know the specifics on sperm and kava, but if your looking to boost your potency, try ashwaghanda root and eating a diet high in red meat and fish to boost testosterone.

Really appreciate all the input. Last thing I want is to cause fetal development issues through kava usage.

At this point however I don’t see any reason to believe that would (or would not I guess) happen.

Thanks!