What's new

Malekula Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kravatomill

Kava Curious
Well, this is my second try out with products from Vanuatu Kava store. Or ok, Global Kava Exports to be fair (although it's not so hard to see where they get their products from)

I wasn't really a fan of VKS back before. Ordered some pentercost pride, and if I remember right the package suggested me to add 1 part kava to 1 part water, or perhaps 2 parts water. At least it was a lot of kava/serving, that's for sure. However, I followed my gut feeling and did my usual 4-6 tbs to 4-5 shells of water ratio.
That time I didn't get much from it, some people had already started some rumors that they added used dried up kava or just grinded plant matter to the bags as well to make a better profit. I never really believed this though, since after all the Kava looked and tasted legit, and I have been drinking second squeezings before, and they are not like the first one, that's for sure.

However, this time I went for the Malekula magic which got good reviews around the old forum.
Must say the Kava smells very fresh for being shipped from Europe (and I can't imagine the market is That big over here). I really love GKE because they are located within the EU, which means for once Norway has no rights to steal my products, since the EES agreement says I'm able to order any medication from another EES country for 3 month's consumption without a prescription as long as no prescription is needed in the country I order from And as long as the substance is not on the Norwegian Narcotics list, which Kava is NOT.

Ok, so I made a batch using 4,5 heaping tbs to 4 medium sized Shells (the N@H version).
I first added the Kava and about half a tbs lecitin. Then added 2 shells of hot tap water (yea yea, copper ain't good for you, but I'm a lazy guy). Stirred it for a while, then added 2 more shells and stired it for a while more and let it sit for about 30 minutes. Put a stainer bag over a bowl and then added another strainer bag as well (since the powder looked quite fine).

Now 3 shells later and what can I say? My hands are cold and I suddenly felt a strong urge to up the heater. After all I'm in Norway, not the most Kava-friendly climate at this time of year.
I can definitely feel it's effects. My eyes are heavier, I also felt an urge to turn out any strong lights, and just laying here listening to pacific music and day dreaming with half closed eyes seems like the best thing to do really.
This kava is not overwhelming, nor is it too weak. It's definitely a noble Kava. Which it should be by default since it's from Vanuatu, and they aren't allowed to sell the other stuff. But that can be questioned, however, It is a typical social Kava with a very relaxing tone, no headiness really, just plain nice comfort and relaxation. Which is kinda what I search for.

I just had my third shell and have about 2 more to go for this evening, so we will see how the end results turn out + how I will feel tomorrow (I have noticed that if I drink real noble kavas I won't have any side-effects the next day, whereas if I drink something else, which might be a good Kava, not a tudei, but e.g. some Hawaiian Kavas I get a very lazy feeling the day after.
I hate to compare Kava with pharmaceuticals, but for you who previously been on benzos. A real noble Kava to me is more like a Xanax than a Klonopin, in the way that the first one will fade during the night and you will wake up refreshed, and the other will make you still feel kind of weak, groggy and in a way hang-overd in lack of a better word.

However, for you who are not new to Kava, don't believe that this is anything that benzos.. Kava is Kava, it is way better in every way! That being said it doesn't mean it's stronger in every way. But your mind will take no damage.

All in all so far this is one of the better Kavas I had recently (did Hiwa last week, as well as some unknown Noble Kava strain from a famous vendor of another herb from South East Asia in the US).
I guess I have to come back for a more informative review later on, cause right now I feel like listening to tongan love songs or simply listen to silence mroe than typing on my lappy.

Bula and have a nice day you all!

Great post, especially the part where you would rather silence to keyboard tapping lol, that's a sign of a good Kava effect.

We do get our supply from VKS, we don't try to hide it at all! We don't like to compare Kava to pharmaceuticals either but I understand what you are saying, some of the benzos do leave you wrecked the next day and of course you have the rising tolerance issues on top of that. Malekula definitely gives you the 'Morning Fresh' effect that is so desirable.

Status
Not open for further replies.