What's new

Powdered Kava Review Malekula

verticity

I'm interested in things
I received a sample of this kava labeled Malekula from Mike. Thanks Mike! I'm guessing the name refers to Malekula Island in Vanuatu. I had asked for a heady variety, and was not disappointed.

The smell: Kind of dry and chalky, with none of the mustiness I associate with Borogu/Borogoru

The taste: Normally I add Crystal Light mix to my kava to help the taste, but for the first cup I left it out. The taste, as kava goes, is not bad. I would describe it as "fresh" and "green" if that makes any sense. I have never had fresh kava, but this is kind of what I imagine fresh kava might taste like. Imagine chewing on a piece of green wood.

5 Minutes after drinking the first shell, I feel it kicking in. I feel lighter, happier. It's heady for sure. There is a slight tingly, excited feeling.

After a couple shells: Starting to feel some relaxation. Not sedated like I want to sleep, but kind of floaty and relaxed, yet still alert. There is still some tingling and dizziness, but a pleasant kind of dizziness. There is a (figurative) swelling in my heart. My head feels (literally) like a balloon. I feel happy and optimistic.

Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know,
The piper's calling you to join him,
Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know
Your stairway lies on the whispering wind?

Later, there is more of that floaty feeling, a feeling of smoothness of motion, "slidiness". Things seem "funny", in the sense that I seem to be easily amused. Still very little sedation, but there is kind of a feeling of overstimulation, a desire to avoid excessive sensory input. Time to go lie down.

The effects lasted about 5 hours, I think--hard to tell exactly because I went to bed while still experiencing effects.

The next morning I feel fine; no hangover or aftereffects.

This is a really great heady kava. Hopefully it will be available for purchase soon.

Bradley666

Kava Enthusiast
Great review!
Sounds like some great stuff! Difintley up my alley lol...
I also got a 4oz sample of a new KWK kava...not sure it has a name but was called (Vanuatu mystery kava) ...
Was told it was very heady! Only tried a little so far but it's both very heady and strong...need to try it again soon :) I agree though, kalm has some great noble kava!

verticity

I'm interested in things
I also got a 4oz sample of a new KWK kava...not sure it has a name but was called (Vanuatu mystery kava) ...
Was told it was very heady! Only tried a little so far but it's both very heady and strong...need to try it again soon :) I agree though, kalm has some great noble kava!
It might well be the same stuff. Mike said he had 3 new Vanuatu varieties though. Guess we'll have to wait til he gets back from his trip to find out.