What's new

Powdered Kava Review Malo Tongan

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
cpReview
{"Grade":8,"Potency":8,"Mind":8,"Body":4,"Anxiety":10,"Sedative":4,"Taste":"-4","Preparation":"Blender, 50g with 1 litre liquid split into 4 x 250 ml shells","Duration":"Until bedtime","SideEffects":"Very slight nausea","Headline":"A good example of a Tongan Eua kava"}
This is a really good example of a Tongan Eua kava.

The grind is quite fine and it has that lovely toast like smell to it. I blended 50g with 1 litre of liquid and drank in 4 x 250 ml shells spaced out every 45 minutes over a few hours.

Lots of people report the taste to be quite smooth but I found it to be a bit harsh for a Tongan kava, maybe I mixed it a bit stronger?

The effects come on quite quickly and are mild but noticeable at first and then build slowly to a nice level. It's quite heady at first and then settles into a more balanced feel. There is not a lot of body feel and not a huge amount of sedation but I would say it is not only good for anxiety but also it can put you in a better mood. Not all kavas do that but this is definitely one. If you're feeling a bit down this will lift you up at least a few notches.

I did get a very small amount of nausea but nothing uncomfortable. Despite it not being what I would call a super sedative kava I did sleep well, maybe to do with it taking all of your cares away!

If you like Tongan kava (who doesn't?!) then I would certainly recommend you give this one a try.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
This is a really good example of a Tongan Eua kava.

The grind is quite fine and it has that lovely toast like smell to it. I blended 50g with 1 litre of liquid and drank in 4 x 250 ml shells spaced out every 45 minutes over a few hours.

Lots of people report the taste to be quite smooth but I found it to be a bit harsh for a Tongan kava, maybe I mixed it a bit stronger?

The effects come on quite quickly and are mild but noticeable at first and then build slowly to a nice level. It's quite heady at first and then settles into a more balanced feel. There is not a lot of body feel and not a huge amount of sedation but I would say it is not only good for anxiety but also it can put you in a better mood. Not all kavas do that but this is definitely one. If you're feeling a bit down this will lift you up at least a few notches.

I did get a very small amount of nausea but nothing uncomfortable. Despite it not being what I would call a super sedative kava I did sleep well, maybe to do with it taking all of your cares away!

If you like Tongan kava (who doesn't?!) then I would certainly recommend you give this one a try.
Awesome. This is my experience almost exactly. Malo Tonga, while not overly sedative, has an anti-depressant quality to it unlike other roots.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
Awesome. This is my experience almost exactly. Malo Tonga, while not overly sedative, has an anti-depressant quality to it unlike other roots.
I find there are a few others that have that effect on me. The Fiji Fresh Waka was one.