What's new

Powdered Kava Review Manga Ono Kava Tonga

Sir_Tarquin

Kava Curious
cpReview
{"Grade":9,"Potency":7,"Mind":8,"Body":7,"Anxiety":9,"Sedative":2,"Taste":"0","Preparation":"Varied","Duration":"Couple of hours maybe","SideEffects":"Real bad nausea at times","Headline":""}
I was sent this very unique Kava to try and have been meaning to write a review for some time now, but have been having trouble as during the three times I've tried this Kava, I've had three distinctly different experiences.

The first experience I had was the best and most beautiful. I used 4 tbs in 16 oz of water with a first wash of 4 shells. Going down, it had next to no taste at all, but had a distinctly bitter almost piney aftertaste and on the much subtler side of numbing effect on the tongue. The effects, like I said, were beautiful. It was neither stimulating nor sedating. It was heady immediately after drinking, but only in that you felt it "in the head" but that feeling quickly dissipated. There were distinctive body effects, but less that of a heavy Kava and more akin to the euphoria you get from headier Kavas. The euphoria in this case however was that of a warm fuzzy tranquility that spread throughout my body. Not to mention a very distinctive mood boost. There was perfect balance and equilibrium in all things. And I don't just mean the effects. I felt as though I had reached a perfect state of peace and balance within myself where "all was right" and I could just let go of stress or anxiety or whatever might have been bothering me at that time.........and then I had a second wash of two more shells and got wobbly and sloppy with really bad nausea an hour later.

For the next time, I upped the water amount - 4tbs in 20 oz of water, first wash 4 shells. Aftertaste was much milder and barely there, but the effects were noticeably headier this time. Much more stimulating to the point of feeling edgy and tweaked out like I've experienced with some other Tongans, mainly Pouni Ono. Can't say much more about it because that defines the entire second experience. Not at all the same as the first. The only similarity was after a two shell second wash again I had the same really bad nausea.

The third time I went back to the same water and root powder amount as the first. This experience kinda sat in between the first and second. This time I noticed it feeling headier and slightly more stimulating than the first, but this time it was fairly subtle and disappointed after a while. The euphoria and mood boost were back this time, unlike the second, but it seemed more muted this time. I only did one wash of 4 shells this time and the nausea was much better. The 5th or 6th shell seem to be what was really triggering it for me.

Overall I'd say this is a heady leaning balanced Kava considering its potential to be either, but with a warm tranquil euphoria as opposed to the explosive waves of pleasure I've gotten from some other heady cultivars. The balanced nature of this one makes it utterly unique for a Tongan which are typically out and out heady cultivars. So if you are a collector of Tongans, or are on a journey through Tongans, this one is a must as it distinctly stands out from the rest.

I'd like to try it a few more time to see if I can achieve another similar experience as the first.

Last edited: