What's new

Masifilo Family Kava Farms

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
Update: Finally have a picture from our Kava nursery in our village on 'Eua, Tonga. It's crazy that everyone has smart phones down there now when 5 years ago it took me half n hour to send an email from the only internet cafe on the island. We have a few thousand young Kava plants ready to be moved from the village nursery to the farm land soon. I hope to share more photos and maybe set up a solar powdered live camera down there someday as the internet gets more economical in Tonga. It would be cool for anyone to be able to check in on a Kava farm live from anywhere in the world like they do with surf cams.

If you are a customer of ours I want to thank you as none of this would be possible without the purchases of the AluBall. I'm grateful to be able to put some of the proceeds towards planting more Tongan Kava and eventually sharing it with you all. The cool thing we are doing is using a node planting technique past down from my grandfather before he past away many years ago. We'll keep that a family secret.

Attachments

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
@Kavafied The live cam idea would be awesome, just imagine a bunch of us krunked kava lovers, starring at a live kava farm feed. I bet some of us would get stuck for a while watching it :)
Just gotta wait until its cost effective internet wise down there, you currently gotta buy data down there like you buy gas, you goto the nearest digi cel mart and load your phone up like you would a car lol. Maybe Chris @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava could get one going quicker on his farm so we can enjoy the sights and sounds of his Kava oasis while we throw back some shells from a far.

Groggy

Kava aficionado
Admin
Just gotta wait until its cost effective internet wise down there, you currently gotta buy data down there like you buy gas, you goto the nearest digi cel mart and load your phone up like you would a car lol. Maybe Chris @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava could get one going quicker on his farm so we can enjoy the sights and sounds of his Kava oasis while we throw back some shells from a far.
That would be awesome from either of you guys. I can't wait for your Tongan to start rolling out :hungry:

Gourmet Hawaiian Kava

Kava Expert
Kava Vendor
Maybe Chris @Gourmet Hawaiian Kava could get one going quicker on his farm so we can enjoy the sights and sounds of his Kava oasis while we throw back some shells from a far.
That sounds like a cool thing to do but the thing is that I have no idea how to do something like that.:grumpy:
I do know how to grow good kava. (y)
Thanks for posing the pictures of your operation, keep posting more as they progress.
Aloha.

Chris

verticity

I'm interested in things
That sounds like a cool thing to do but the thing is that I have no idea how to do something like that.:grumpy:
I do know how to grow good kava. (y)
Thanks for posing the pictures of your operation, keep posting more as they progress.
Aloha.

Chris
There are some ideas here. Basically you can sign up with a service that takes care of the streaming, and then embed a little code in your web site.
http://www.wikihow.com/Stream-Your-Webcam

... like this guy:
http://www.watching-grass-grow.com/

Kavafied

Kava Vendor
Updates from our 'Eua Kava nursery. It's primetime planting season right now in Tonga. Hoping to get these babies out into the fields later this month. Might try to do half old school spacing techniques and half with some new school ones to compare the yields. Maybe the old ways work better on 'Eua...if not looking forward to finding out.
21460102_122385181831393_1929817111_o (1).jpg

21458567_122384971831414_1397713170_o (1).jpg