What's new

Kava Preparation Medium grind preparation

Kavacoobz

I've been on a steady flow of GHK medium grind lately and have been meaning to ask around about the preparation method I've been using.

The method is super straightforward as I've described below, and the only part I'm unsure about is the part where you're taking the dry medium grind, putting it in the strainer bag and shaking/sifting out all of the fine powder to later be mixed directly into the final product - after you've added warm water and kneading out goodness from what remains in the bag.

I've found the I can typically extract a surprising amount of powder during the sifting process - It seems this makes a much stronger drink when I do this which is awesome, but is there any downside or reason not to do this? I haven't had any bad reactions, hope I'm not doing it wrong...any thoughts?

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I've been on a steady flow of GHK medium grind lately and have been meaning to ask around about the preparation method I've been using.

The method is super straightforward as I've described below, and the only part I'm unsure about is the part where you're taking the dry medium grind, putting it in the strainer bag and shaking/sifting out all of the fine powder to later be mixed directly into the final product - after you've added warm water and kneading out goodness from what remains in the bag.

I've found the I can typically extract a surprising amount of powder during the sifting process - It seems this makes a much stronger drink when I do this which is awesome, but is there any downside or reason not to do this? I haven't had any bad reactions, hope I'm not doing it wrong...any thoughts?
All the powder you sift at the beginning would have made it into your drink regardless because it passes through the pores in the strainer. You're totally good.