What's new

Medium Grind question?

JKraft

Kava Curious
I've purchased some Moi medium grind kava from GHK. How many grams will get me the nice relaxed/euphoric feeling without getting the dizzy nauseated feeling?

EQ

Atman
You got med grind YES!!
I don't have experience with Moi but I do with GHK.
60 grams should be good. You should start there. Give it the mean knead in hot water.
I like to mix 1/3rd of the water boiling and the other 2/3rds as hot as the tap gets. Let that baby soak so the root gets warm and so you don't burn your hands.
Knead it 15 minutes. Put the strength in. You should feel tension in your hands and arms. Give it the mean knead.
Chill it out. Ice it put in the fridge and if you use glass throw it in the freezer.
Not completely necessary but the colder it is the less nauseated you will be. I think nausea comes often from the gross taste and gag reflex.
I've only been nauseated from soy because I found the taste unbearable, and put 90 grams to 1.2 L. That was the only night I was incapable of finishing the batch. Trying to down that last shell before the toilet is a situation nobody wants. All you need is water.

Set-up a Chaser Station. My personal Station includes. Sweet tarts, and an iced beverage. I've been using Apple Juice.
I like to chew a sweet tart. Break it up into powder and distribute it in my mouth. Put a couple in and begin chewing and literally down kava as the sugar hits my mouth. After the shell I sip the Apple juice and grab a sweet tart and repeat. You should be downing lots of kava. I like to drink it all in 20-30 minutes. I like to drink half to 3/4th in 5 minutes and the last shell 20 minutes later. Obviously everybody does what works for them but I gave you my ritual as an example.
Also depends on the root. I need no chaser for Fijian roots as they taste pretty good.

Report back.

Last edited:

Steve Mariotti

Kavapithecus Krunkarensis
Review Maestro
Mo'i is my favorite. That's really great stuff. I use 3 heaping Tbs, wish I had a gram scale. I'm considering going more hardcore into bread making, and you GOTTA have a gram scale for that.

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I used to make my own bread a lot and it's awesome to see what you can create with some pretty simple ingredients but I found after a while that I can buy awesome bread for cheaper than I can make it and it takes the wind out of you a little.

As for how much root you need to get you exactly where you want to be every time... good luck with that! :)

exit stage left
As for how much root you need to get you exactly where you want to be every time... good luck with that! :)
I definitely agree with that - every session is different, even if I use the exact same amount and prep method for each session.

I usually use 1/8 of a cup of med grind to just over 1 cup of water, and two batches of that over 1-2 hours for most strains is plenty. Any more and I get nauseated. But it's been a while since I've had Mo'i, and I hadn't quite mastered my ratios and methods back then.

Namaste

Would ghee simmered on low with kava extract the kavalactones more efficiently and help your body better assimilate its nutrient profile resulting in higher kavalactone absorbtion

blindy107

Kava Lover
Would ghee simmered on low with kava extract the kavalactones more efficiently and help your body better assimilate its nutrient profile resulting in higher kavalactone absorbtion
I tried it in just normal unsalted butter once when I was tryin to make kava majoun. It wasn't noticeably more effect enough to warrant the extra work and bad taste.