What's new

Melo Melo in the House!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Our Melo Melo is in stock and ready to ship!!! You guys are going to love this kava. It's from a different farm than our old source, and I must say that I'm very happy with what we're getting. It is smooth, but also peppery and it's nicely potent. We served it at the kava bar for the first time yesterday and people were blown away. It went quick!

Have your own "Melo Monday", or just enjoy it any day ending in "y".

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
That's great! Can you share what chemotype your tested as?

Is it kava Ambae? If so, may as well plug that too. They're having tough times. Buying some of their kava gets cash where it can help.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
That's great! Can you share what chemotype your tested as?

Is it kava Ambae? If so, may as well plug that too. They're having tough times. Buying some of their kava gets cash where it can help.
Chemotype is testing as 245613. We'll post a COA soon. All microbiological testing is done. We had an inconsistency come up with overall kavalactone levels though so we're waiting for a retest. I "tested" it myself yesterday, along with a bunch of kava bar patrons and it's quite potent.

It is not from Ambae. I was told recently that much of the kava from Ambae is being pulled young and some even has a really funky taste from the acid rain and/or ash presumably. It's unfortunate. I would love to help out by purchasing their kava directly.

Don't take that as me saying not to buy Ambae kava. There's probably some good stuff available, and I'm keeping my eye out for it. I just need to make sure I don't end up with a ton of kava I can't sell.

Zac Imiola (Herbalist)

Kava Connoisseur
Makes sense if that chemo is accurate and it is melo... because 3 to me seems to be most aggravating or stimulating. depending on your anxiety threshold. that is yangonin. which i believe to be dopaminergic as opposed to serotonergic like kavain or gabanergic like the double bonds...**** these are my opinions based on subjective intuition and no science lol.. be warned

kastom_lif

Kava Lover
What did you think about the potency?
It's wonderful! Plenty of kick. Strength-wise, I'd say it's in the same ballpark as Kava Supreme, Squanch Waka, KWK's melomelo, Kava Time Savusavu, and some of the heavier Hawaiian cultivars.

If Nambawan were a 10/10 on the potency scale, all the new melomelos I've tried feel like a solid 8. Good stuff.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
It's wonderful! Plenty of kick. Strength-wise, I'd say it's in the same ballpark as Kava Supreme, Squanch Waka, KWK's melomelo, Kava Time Savusavu, and some of the heavier Hawaiian cultivars.

If Nambawan were a 10/10 on the potency scale, all the new melomelos I've tried feel like a solid 8. Good stuff.
Yeah, I agree. It's potent but gentle at the same time. We've been getting good feedback.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I haven't had many sessions with it yet but it is definitely different than the KWK melo. This one is more complex in effects and much more relaxing. For me, the added heaviness (likely the higher levels of DHM that kick in after an hour or so) makes a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.