What's new

Powdered Kava Melo Melo Traditional Grind Single Cultivar Kava

TheKavaSociety

New Zealand
Kava Vendor

Melo Melo
A strong single cultivar kava of complex and balanced character.

As the name suggests, Melo Melo is known for promoting a state of pleasant mellowness. This is one of the most popular nakamal (kava bar) kavas in Vanuatu’s capital, Port Vila. Melo Melo’s chemotype is generally dominated by a big dose of dihydrokavain, i.e. a kavalactone that is associated with a delightful, heady mental refreshment, but one that takes a bit longer to build up and is thought to act in a warmer, deeper, mellower and longer lasting manner than the more purely euphoric and relatively-short acting kavain. At the same time, Melo Melo also has a fair amount of kavain, which fuels the pleasant cerebral aspects of this kava. The other kavalactones provide a nice cushioning effect for the body and just enough of sedative elements to provide a solid base for a good night sleep. In short, it’s the ultimate “chillout” kava. Great for lazy late afternoons, slow-paced hang outs with friends, meaningful conversations, enjoyable sessions with good music and soft body relaxation.

Melo Melo has a fresh, slightly bitter-sweetish taste with woody, grassy and black pepper notes.

In order to present this single cultivar in its full glory, we are offering it at the natural ratio of around 70-80% stump to 20-30% lateral roots. This is how nature made it and we think she did a pretty good job.

Average chemotype: 243156

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
I'm on day 2 of this kava, and it punches me into the couch so hard I may have to consider reducing my amount! Brews up light enough that it looks like I added coffee creamer to it. The color, smoothness, and taste of this kava belies it's strength. If you're not careful, this kava can send you in to overdrive easily.

ThePiper

Kava Lover
This is my favorite KS kava. Warm and fuzzy without nausea if I blend it with something like Kalm Vula Waka. I look at it as the strongest anxiety killer kava with fewer side effects than the other heavies that target anxiety to that degree. Granted I haven't ordered in a while.