What's new

Micro v. Medium ; Lets discuss!

Micronized vs medium?

• Total voters

ThatDankK

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з= ( ▀ ͜͞ʖ▀) =ε/̵͇̿̿/’̿’̿ ̿ ̿̿
Some said it before, but: take medium grind with an AluBall. Doesn't get more convenient (taking the price into account).
How might I get the most out of an aluball? I'm strongly considering making the switch after @Kavaguy said micro is shorter lived

kavamehameha

Magnum's 'awa drinking bird
How might I get the most out of an aluball? I'm strongly considering making the switch after @Kavaguy said micro is shorter lived
Don't fill it up too much. Usually 2 tbsp suffices, otherwise the mesh clogs and water cannot pass through during shaking. If you want a stronger grog, just use two AluBalls. Take lukewarm water, and don't shake too vigorously. AluBalls are pretty durable from my experience, but especially when using two AluBalls at once you have to be careful. As for the shaker bottle, the Kavafied bottle is fine, but in my opinion the bottles from BlenderBottle are a bit better.
Besides this general advice, there are plenty of threads about the usage of AluBalls in the forums. Resort to the search function and you shall find.

ThatDankK

Don't fill it up too much. Usually 2 tbsp suffices, otherwise the mesh clogs and water cannot pass through during shaking. If you want a stronger grog, just use two AluBalls. Take lukewarm water, and don't shake too vigorously. AluBalls are pretty durable from my experience, but especially when using two AluBalls at once you have to be careful. As for the shaker bottle, the Kavafied bottle is fine, but in my opinion the bottles from BlenderBottle are a bit better.
Besides this general advice, there are plenty of threads about the usage of AluBalls in the forums. Resort to the search function and you shall find.
Alright, and yeah I browse the forums with alot of my freetime I like doing alot of research and asking questions I sort of compile the data in my brain and make my decisions based off of everything I read, I just find it helpful when I have people answer my questions, have you noticed a difference in duration of effects w micro vs medium grind?

Shaman-warrior

Kava Curious
Honestly I think it depends on the vendor. Some have better micro than they do medium grind. Others give a tastier and nicer experience with medium grind (worth the squeezing) than their micro.

Yogini

Well... there ya have it.
Still thinking medium is better effect-wise like you did the first night? Do you notice any difference in the duration of what you feel afterwards? Also, perhaps try doing __tbs in the morning or mid afternoon of micro and __tbs medium in the evening and report back with the numbers, I don't have any medium for now so you're kind of my trial and error guy haha
I do enjoy medium grind at night. I enjoy the ritual and find it a lovely experience. Daytime? I use 1 1/2 TBSP to 2 TBSP with water and coconut milk at around 12 and I'm good for the rest of the day. Sorry it took so long to answer. I didn't see the notification.

Yogini

You just have to experiment. I think that you will come to enjoy medium grind. It's a different experience than micro. I use both. I don't want the micro to last long. I want it for a nice, relaxed afternoon. I also haven't had a couch lock evening yet but I don't want one yet. I love a nice, relaxed evening where I can still talk. I prepare 5 TBSP of medium grind and have about a 2 hour session with it. It feels good to me. I don't feel sick and I don't feel out of control. When I'm done, I know I'm done.

ThatDankK

You just have to experiment. I think that you will come to enjoy medium grind. It's a different experience than micro. I use both. I don't want the micro to last long. I want it for a nice, relaxed afternoon. I also haven't had a couch lock evening yet but I don't want one yet. I love a nice, relaxed evening where I can still talk. I prepare 5 TBSP of medium grind and have about a 2 hour session with it. It feels good to me. I don't feel sick and I don't feel out of control. When I'm done, I know I'm done.
Hmm interesting. Yeah my next order is gonna be some medium so I can test all this myself again, it's been two years since I last had medium grind

ThatDankK

Well, it's a new experience again! That's cool!
Yeah, I cant wait, I had kapm give me a list of the strongest kava vendors so I'm gonna try kava time
Well, it's a new experience again! That's cool!
When I asked what some of the strongest kavas from vendors are @Kapmcrunk recommended kava time at the top so I must ordered a brick of ambaes and a brick of ras (btw Ra's is on sale 10$ off right now)

Yogini

I will look. I just ordered from Kavafied but am looking around so I will check out Kava Time. Thank you!

ThatDankK

I will look. I just ordered from Kavafied but am looking around so I will check out Kava Time. Thank you!
I literally got the last brick of Ra's, it sold out right after I ordered