What's new

Micronized and nausea

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuman

Kava Curious
I drink loads

On a side note though, I had about 3 tsp of "rise and root this morning, about 11:00. In the evening I had about 7 beers (50 cl)
Needless to say I'm a bit tipsy right now, but I noticed my right arm, and my back has broken out in a serious flush. I wouldn't have noticed it unless I saw it, but it looks very freaky. This has happened before, and serves as a reminder that it's probably better to have a healthy 24 hour distance between kava and some serious alcohol consumption
Hey, i have had a similar experience breaking out into freaky looking flush after drinking beer post kava use. I did some online looking around and this seems to be fairly common occurance. I put up a post on it in the beginners section. I think giving how common this reaction is would be helpful to get input of qualified med prof. Or naturopath re origins of this and potential issues.
Plus there should be a warning for newbies like my self because i waited recommended 24 hours and still got it.

VictoryRider

Kava Enthusiast
@Bert07 You don't strain the micro though?
I once accidentally got shipped Mahakea micro instead of the med-grind I ordered. Didn't realize it, and did a traditional
dunk-n-squeeze.

It was *hilarious*. It kept oozing mud from the strainer bag, until the bad was empty! I just laughed.

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
I never strain micro, but I do have a limit. If I do more than 1 tablespoon at a time I get nausea... usually I'll eat something small to stabilize my stomach, like a hard boiled egg or a piece of cheese, and then have 1 or 2 teaspoons. That's what works best for me. Micro on an empty stomach though is a recipe for overdoing it... I like balancing kava with just a little food, it seems to work well... Usually something fatty...

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Jonathan That's interesting. How does micro compare with instant? I have used quite a few different instants and gave myself pretty bad nausea with the stronger ones until I learned how to use them better.

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
@Jonathan That's interesting. How does micro compare with instant? I have used quite a few different instants and gave myself pretty bad nausea with the stronger ones until I learned how to use them better.
I haven't used instant more than one 4 oz. batch, honestly. I didn't find it to be that much more effective than micro, so I stick with micro 'cause it's cheaper than instant. But that's me, and like I said I didn't try very much of it. Instant is pricey! I find I get great consistent effects with micro, mostly GHK's Mo'i, a little of KWK's Pouni Ono and Loa Waka...

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
I haven't used instant more than one 4 oz. batch, honestly. I didn't find it to be that much more effective than micro, so I stick with micro 'cause it's cheaper than instant. But that's me, and like I said I didn't try very much of it. Instant is pricey! I find I get great consistent effects with micro, mostly GHK's Mo'i, a little of KWK's Pouni Ono and Loa Waka...
Ok so my big question is... I know instant seems expensive but how much micro do you use a day? My max usage of instant is 2 tbsps. a day and that's a pretty relaxing day especially with cream of Vanuatu or BKH Instant green. If I'm using instant at those sort of levels how much micro would I use to get a similar effect? (Not saying you should know the answer to this but just asking anyway :) )

Jonathan

All Hail Leon
Ok so my big question is... I know instant seems expensive but how much micro do you use a day? My max usage of instant is 2 tbsps. a day and that's a pretty relaxing day especially with cream of Vanuatu or BKH Instant green. If I'm using instant at those sort of levels how much micro would I use to get a similar effect? (Not saying you should know the answer to this but just asking anyway :) )
Yeah, given the personal nature of kava I can't really know, but I'd say you'd probably use about the same or maybe 1.5 times more... like 3 tbsp instead of 2. When I have it in stock, I usually use about 4-5 tbsp of Mo'i throughout a day. I start the morning with one tbsp, and then do anywhere from 1-2 teaspoons every couple of hours throughout the day... One tbsp is 3 tsp, so I figure my estimate is close... One half pound of Mo'i micro lasts me about seven days... Yeah, it's pricey, but it's better for my life than alcohol or weed. IMO...

Edward

Aluballin' in the UK
Kava Vendor
@Jonathan you are so right there... actually I don't want to be an ass but I could easily afford to only ever use instant and still be spending less than I was on booze.

maelstrom

Kava Curious
I've experienced nausea with both micro and med grind. I would almost say that I experience it more with the latter. I've thrown up while chugging a shell of kneaded med grind before, but never with micro. Once I get any variety of kava down, I can experience nausea after about 5-20 minutes, but that's only if I accidentally overdo it.

As for instant, I've only used it once a couple years ago, so I can't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.