What's new

Micronized Boroguru - little to no effects

Status
Not open for further replies.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
Just wondering if anyone with experience with the micronized boroguru could offer any thoughts or suggestions. I have used the micronized moi, mahakea, nene, papa kea before. I normally feel results from all at 2Tbsp+. I used 4Tbsp of the boroguru in an hour time period and really did not feel much of anything other than bowl movements being initiated immediately after drinking it (normally doesn't happen like that when I drink kava). Does it normally take a much higher dose to achieve effects compared to the Hawaiian varieties? I've used boroguru from other vendors in the past and felt much different but I'm wondering if those could have had some tudei mixed in at some point...

sɥɐʞɐs

Avg. Dosage: 8 Tbsp. (58g)
Review Maestro
If all those other strains work well but this one doesn't, it's likely just a quirk. Boroguru is typically more heavy handed than the average Hawaiian variety and would never require more root than others. I've also noted the imediate bowel elimination initiation but it's always alongside nice kava effects.

Perhaps this particular kava just isn't for you, people's bodies can be more receptive than others to certain strains. Maybe your stomach wasn't empty enough or your set and setting wasn't suitable. I'd give it another try for a couple days and see if it changes.

Another vendors boroguru was previously mixed with Tudei. I'm not sure if that's the case anymore.

The Kap'n

The Groggy Kaptain (40g)
KavaForums Founder
Keep drinking it for a few days. When I first tried Hawaiian kava after years of drinking boroguru, I had zero effects until after I continued drinking it for a few days. It's a strange effect switching between the two but I've always had that reaction.

SelfBiasResistor

Persist for Resistance!
I appreciate the reply's and suggestions. After a bit more testing, I'm thinking this kava just might not be for me. I brewed up some of the GHK Boroguru medium grind... About a cup of root to a few cups of water. Drank half, didn't feel much, drank the rest and felt very minimal effects. I am very familiar with the effects of heavy kava, those are what I have been using the most over the past year or so and I really wanted this one to work but doesn't look like it will. Oddly enough, I have been using LOTS of Mahakea over the past month and have had great effects (feel good, relaxation and most important - sedation). Prior to this, I didn't feel much with it. So maybe I should just order a truck load of it and call it a day. ::chugger::

avahZ

YAHWEH Shalom
I am the same way with nene, it seems like such a nice kava for others, but it don't like me for some reason... :/

D

Deleted User01

I normally don't do Boroguru but I did get a bag of Micronized Boroguru a few months back and it had a heavy effect on me. Made me unwobbly. So yes, it is potent but it's not my cup of "tea". I prefer the Hawaiians. And everyone loved the taste of it, but I was put off by it. Each to his own I guess.

Blippy5

Certified Noble
If I havnt had it in a while, I find it takes a couple days in a row for Boroguru to kick in for me. When it does it is as potent as ever.

August West

Kava Enthusiast
I had a shell of pouni ono earlier at home and it hit quite hard. I'm now at work, hustling and bustling and it's loud. I had three shells and only felt sedation, which is weird with such an uplifting root and my stomach being even emptier. Set and setting plays a large roll with me. With that being said, I have coworkers who don't feel much off of heavier varieties at all. So it could very much just be physiology. I bet it would be a better experience for you if you mixed it with a headier variety. Synergy of klactones plays a strangely important roll that I don't understand but am willing to believe in.

verticity

I'm interested in things
I had a shell of pouni ono earlier at home and it hit quite hard. I'm now at work, hustling and bustling and it's loud. I had three shells and only felt sedation, which is weird with such an uplifting root and my stomach being even emptier. Set and setting plays a large roll with me. With that being said, I have coworkers who don't feel much off of heavier varieties at all. So it could very much just be physiology. I bet it would be a better experience for you if you mixed it with a headier variety. Synergy of klactones plays a strangely important roll that I don't understand but am willing to believe in.
Absolutely, set and setting are extremely important, especially with such a subtle substance as kava. KL synergy is indeed an art, not a science. I might even go so far as to call it magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.