What's new

Micronized Borongoru

Status
Not open for further replies.

KavaKitty

Meaow
I won an 8 ounce jar of this in the first 2016 giveaway, and decided to save it to try on a weekend. I tried it this past Sunday, April 3, 2016.

Let me start out by saying it's definitely a Sunday kava. Don't imbibe this if you have to drive, as it's a pretty heavy "body kava," in that it makes you so relaxed, so utterly calm, that the concept of driving - or doing anything else that requires attention - is totally absurd.

With that said, this is an awesome kava for "relaxation time." I'd only ever tried one other micronized, so I wasn't too sure about this one (although the micronized I did try was pretty awesome - again, thank you, @Kimmer ). I mixed one tablespoon of the borongoru with 8 ounces of Crystal Light Cherry Limeade, drank half right away, and drank the other half in 20 minutes.

I felt immediate effects from the first drink. Mouth numb, throat numb, ringing in the ears, and an amazing body relaxation that I'd never felt before up until now. As I keep saying, the effects of awa are very hard to describe, but my muscles relaxed enough that the chronic pain in my back and neck were pretty much unnoticeable. I was completely relaxed, but clear-headed, able to focus but not obsessing about things. I drank the second half about 20 minutes after the first, then went to meditate. The Om was within me, that''s the only way I can describe it. I was totally able to focus on the Om without worrying about my breathing, and I reached a level that I've never reached before, in terms of relaxation and focus. It was amazing. Also, after about 15 minutes, sitting in a lotus position, my back starts to noodge me with pain and stiffness; that didn't happen, my muscles stayed relaxed and I was able to complete a 45 minute meditation session without having to shift positions.

After my meditation, I decided to color for a while. The colors called me (no, it's not like "tripping" at all, that's not what I mean). They seemed to blend on their own, as if I were in tune with the color wheel, and I didn't really need to put any thought into what colors to choose; they kind of chose themselves. When I was done coloring, I cooked a major meal (for 12 people): Chicken Florentine crepes, pasta with garlic and olive oil, and Caesar salad. Once again, I felt in tune with my ingredients, and the cooking went really well (although I have to say, I love cooking anyway).

This is a great, heavy kava for days that you don't have to GO anywhere. I would imagine it's great in social situations, although I would have to warn against driving after taking it. I was pretty chill, and I can't imagine getting behind the wheel after a shell or two, although everyone is different. Great job, @Kalm with Kava . I'm definitely going to be ordering this one.

Last edited:

KavaKitty

Meaow
If someone could please tell me how to add the shell rating, I'd appreciate it. I've tried using my computer (Chrome browser) instead of my phone, and I've cleared my cache, but I'm still not getting the option. Thankies.

D

Deleted User01

I see you got your bad ass off the couch long enough to do a review. :D Nice review @KavaKitty. You will find that you get a lot of bang for your buck with micronized.

theGrogfather

Sipping on Waka juice. Laid back
If someone could please tell me how to add the shell rating, I'd appreciate it. I've tried using my computer (Chrome browser) instead of my phone, and I've cleared my cache, but I'm still not getting the option. Thankies.
I believe you click the link for 'Product Review Forms' in the top menu (next to bookmarks, giveaways) and then scroll down to Kalm with Kava form. It gives me a weird alert when clicking this but when I close it then it takes me to the form where you choose the product you are reviewing and the shell ratings are there as well. Hope this works out for you, and nice review by the way I haven't tried micronized yet but it sounds very tempting.

KavaKitty

Meaow
I believe you click the link for 'Product Review Forms' in the top menu (next to bookmarks, giveaways) and then scroll down to Kalm with Kava form. It gives me a weird alert when clicking this but when I close it then it takes me to the form where you choose the product you are reviewing and the shell ratings are there as well. Hope this works out for you, and nice review by the way I haven't tried micronized yet but it sounds very tempting.
Ugh, I can't find it. I should do this stuff while I'm not working, maybe I would be able to find things better lol. I'll look later. And yeah, the micronized is awesome. I like the traditional, but for quick prep and quick results, micronized is the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.