What's new

Micronized 'Eua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Hi guys. I wanted to let you micro lovers know that we're going to be changing and increasing our micronized kava offerings. Soon we'll stop selling 11 Year Waka. This was a tough decision due to its popularity, but some supply issues have led us to pursue other options. We've got some 11 Year left but not much, so if you like it you might want to stock up.

We'll be replacing 11 Year with micronized versions of some of our other kavas. The first will be 'Eua, which may be available as soon as late next week. In short time we will also start selling micro Taveuni Waka and Borogu. All BKH micronized kavas will be maka free. You can find the removed makas for purchase at Shaka's Makas.

Last edited:

Kage

Kava Curious
This sounds real good. I like micronized kava's, the more variety the better. I have to ask you though, how do you get "all" the makas out if your not processing the fresh root? I know some people will take the medium grind and just shake out all the powder leaving the makas to throw away or to sell at Shaka's Makas but this way actually does not take out 100% of the makas so I am wondering how can you say it is makas free?
For me it does not matter because I have a cast iron stomach but I have friends that can not drink micro if it is not processed fresh to get 100% of the makas out, kind of like the instant kava, that it 100% makas free because it is processed fresh.
Are you shaking your medium grind to get the micro or are you processing it from fresh root? Thanks for you great service to the kava community.

Kage

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
Thanks for the input, @Kage.

Good question on the makas. It is true that just sifting medium grind would leave some makas, but you can remove the makas from dried whole root through proper milling and sifting. It's a timely and costly practice because you lose a lot of weight, but it is definitely possible.

Even maka free micronized kava will cause discomfort to some people with sensitive stomachs, but once you try ours, you'll see how smooth it goes down.... And stays down.

Kage

Kava Curious
Thanks for the input, @Kage.

Good question on the makas. It is true that just sifting medium grind would leave some makas, but you can remove the makas from dried whole root through proper milling and sifting. It's a timely and costly practice because you lose a lot of weight, but it is definitely possible.

Even maka free micronized kava will cause discomfort to some people with sensitive stomachs, but once you try ours, you'll see how smooth it goes down.... And stays down.
Now you got me real curious, I can't wait to try it to see how smooth it is. I will let some of my friends try it too, if they keep it down then you know your doing something right. As it is now they can only drink instant, or micro from GHK.

Kage

Bula Kava House

Portland, OR
Kava Vendor
Kava Bar Owner
I've been carefully micronizing 'Eua for the last week. We should have a limited quantity available later this week.

tonythefiddler

Kava Curious
JEEZ this actually tastes good. I randomly decided I needed to reup on micro, and since I already had some from almost all the other vendors, I went with yours glad I got in on it I didn't even know it was hard-ish to get. I'll edit in a bit with effects, so far so good though. Best tasting micro I've had, I just HATE the taste of kava. I'm can take K@ without barely any water cause I like the taste but kavas another story, so i'm impressed that you were able to make it palatable lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.