What's new

Powdered Kava Review Mo’i Medium Grind

exit stage left
Usually I'll wait and have a couple of kava sessions before posting a review, but I'm really enjoying the Mo'i.

It came in the mail today, so when I got home tonight I made one batch of just under 2 tbsp in a nylon stocking (I use a 1/8 cup measure but don't fill it full), mashed in warm water with a potato masher for 3-4 minutes, and then kneaded for a few minutes, which I put in the freezer to cool down. Then I made a batch of just under 2 tbsp in a nylon stocking, massaged for 6 minutes in cold water. I drank the cold water batch first, and then waited for the warm stuff to cool down.

It's very heady without the sedative properties the Mahakea or the Boroguru had. It's getting later so I'm getting a bit tired, but I still feel the heady effects of the kava. My face is still numb. My legs also feel numb. I had a little bit of fatty food (3 pieces of bacon, but that instant microwave bacon) after the kava and it seemed to intensify the effect. A little bit of ears ringing, mostly just a light feeling in my head.

I didn't feel euphoria like I had read, but I did feel content and relaxed. The perfect calm for the end of the day, but on weekends I might try it in the morning. After a while I made one more just under 2 tbsp in 1 1/3 cups water and then I knew I needed to stop. It was possibly too much, I had some nausea. I'm still not sure if the nausea I sometimes get is from too much kava (5-6 tbsps in total seems like a reasonable dose spread out over a night, but I could cut it down a bit) or if it's from not straining it well enough. After a little while, I had some chicken noodle soup, which seemed to intensify the effects again, just a little bit. I'm going to let it wind down now and go to bed in an hour or so.

All in all, Mo'i is my favourite of the three GHK varieties I've tried so far (Mo'i, Mahakea, Boroguru). I'm going to test it against my social anxiety I think - not in a public place, but maybe I could text or message some people I've fallen out of contact with.

Now I'm going to see if it causes the same dry/red/swollen eye thing that I experienced with both of the other kinds. It still could be either the questionable other vendor's kava I was using, or that I'm not filtering it well enough. Or I'm just drinking too much kava and need to pace myself better.