What's new

Mo’i Prep!

hightides42

our Roots run deep
Mo'i!! one of my faves from GHK, if medium grind (which i prefer for first /morning session) I put three heaping tablespoons (about 12-15 grams each, 35-45g total) into strainer bag and add about 1 1/2 cup/400ml tap hot water (aprox 130F temp) and fast agitate / jiggle bag sliding into up and out of water and along bottom of our wood bowl, occasionally lifting out of water and dunking like teabag. after about two minutes of doing this I'll gently massage the root and press into bowl bottom until i feel the root has taken on a more woody texture then give it one firm squeeze and down the hatch with the delicious thick and now lukewarm liquid gold. will use same method for second wash about 15-20 minutes later, then dump those used makas into 1gal freezer ziploc bag to store in freezer until grog making with blender, usually on Saturdays.

if prepping Mo'i instant I use 10-12g/1 rounded teaspoon to a cup of lukewarm water and agitate water with spoon until well mixed.

gonna have to add candles and mirror after reading shakas method above:happy:

::KavaChug::

hightides42

our Roots run deep
i vary amount of root and water, also water temp, as well style such as traditional prep, my jiggle method alteration, use a blender.
also considering if fresh root pulp, dry medium grind, instant powder ( haven't tried micronized yet) I have differences.
lastly i use different measures for different varieties. most of the GHK i go with a bit more root, tending to really enjoy the Hawaiian awa's effects. I'll use less of KWK offerings due to less preferred taste and less of Squanch, which is also a favorite and an aquired taste and very strong (potency). also tend to use less of BKH offerings, due to taste. eager to try n@h but like all others how i prep each will vary for me based on taste/flavor and strength/potency. and effect~

LyndaKaye

Kava Curious
Pour 6 - 10 tablespoons of Mo'i into a nylon strainer bag, submerge it in 2 or 3 cups of hot water and kneaded/squeeze for about 10 minutes...then spin in a circle, gaze into a mirror by candlelight and proclaim "Mo'i, Mo'i, Mo'i"
Lols idk about the spinning part but okay! I will try that.